Windows 10: Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows

Discus and support Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Aero and Glass actually will slow your PC down, Vista sort of proved that. That depends totally on hardware. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 6, 2015.

1. Boozad Win User

Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows

That depends totally on hardware.

Boozad, May 9, 2015

2. Yeppers! See I used to sound like Gary, but that was because I had a weak video card. But on a capable system, Aero and Glass fly. And that includes Vista, which smokes on my system. And remember that Windows 8x and 10 Previews DO HAVE Aero. Just glass effects are disabled.

Jody Thornton, May 9, 2015
  3. I personally have absolutely no interest in a subscription plan for Windows or Office. If I wasn't an MVP I'd still be running Windows 7 and Office 2007 on my desktop PC. My laptop came with Windows 8 so its running 8.1 currently. I'd love to have a look see at Office 2016 Preview but I'm not setting up an office 365 subscription just to do it. I'm just not. I also have no use for One Drive, not at present anyway. I'm a retired stay at home type so my needs are simple compared to some.

alphanumeric, May 9, 2015
  4. groze Win User

alphanumeric
    You know that you can dual boot. Whs is a mvp but I think he triple boots.

groze, May 9, 2015
  5. What does dual booting have to do with what I said?

alphanumeric, May 9, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    I do not have a weak Video card. It is a GeForce 750Ti, I also have an I7 960 Intel CPU @ 3.20 GHhz. Along with that 24GB of Corsair Memory. If you are trying to say that Vista was a real fast OS , I would have to disagree. What I should have posted is that Aero and Glass CAN slow your system down.

7. I'm saying that with capable hardware, a good video adapter, and the appropriate amount of RAM, Vista with SP2 (especially if you source the x64 build with SP2 built right in) works just as well as "7". I know that 7 runs better than Vista in 1 GB of RAM, but that hardly qualifies as appropriate for either system. A lot of the Vista "gotchas" have long been fixed.

I get that meant to say "can" have slow downs. I would think that with the system specs you've posted, you'd have no Aero based slow downs. Sounds like a terrific box you have. *Smile

Jody Thornton, May 9, 2015
  8. groze Win User

I agree

groze, May 9, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    Areo slow things down? I have used Areo themes myself on windows 7 low end system look at my specs but didn't see any slow downs.

groze, May 9, 2015
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    Sorry, I have to correct that. I never double or triple booted. My three main host systems are Windows 7 and I run W8.1, W10TP and 4 Linux systems in virtual under VMware Player. Those also run on my four W8.1 PCs when needed.

11. groze Win User
    Sorry, thought you did at one time.

groze, May 9, 2015
  12. Wenda Win User
    All of my stand-alone trial setups of Win 10 (as opposed to VM installations) have been as upgrades over Win 8.1, so I just mount the ISO and go from there. So far, most setups have been trouble-free (looks around for some timber to knock upon... ).

Wenda, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows - Similar Threads - Microsoft Official Confirms

2. when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially: when will microsoft release windows 11 version 22h2 officially https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-microsoft-release-windows-11-version/9e6f1fdc-ff1c-4c0f-9c9e-cb591a4864b5
  3. Microsoft makes it official: Windows 10 version 21H2 announced

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes it official: Windows 10 version 21H2 announced: Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 21H2, a feature update for the company's Windows 10 operating system, later this year. The company unveiled Windows 11 earlier this year as the next version of Windows. Customers who run Windows 10 may upgrade to the new version...
  4. Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 version 21H1 and older

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 version 21H1 and older: Microsoft is slowly rolling out the May 2021 Update (version 21H1) to users around the world, but a couple of issues were recently discovered and Microsoft has already offered a workaround. Windows 10 version 21H1 update, otherwise known as Windows 10 May 2021 Update is a...
  5. Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 version 21H1 officially: Microsoft announced the next feature update for its Windows 10 operating system, version 21H1, today officially on the Windows Experience blog. John Cable, Vice President, Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery, confirmed in the announcement that the next feature...
  6. Restore windows official version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore windows official version: The several installation of windows inside previews from the dev channel, simply made my disk full. I want to get out of the inside preview and restore the windows to a clean state. I have read the instructions to do it, and I have realized that this will take time to it....
  7. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...
  8. Official Release Date of Windows 10 Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Official Release Date of Windows 10 Version 1809: Hello everyone! I am using Windows 10 version 1803. I know that Windows 10 version 1809 is now released to many people. However, I checked Windows Update (and even Windows Update Assistant) to update my version but they all say that "You are up-to-date". Do you know...
  9. Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions: Microsoft is already working on Windows 9 and everyone knows that, especially because the company has already provided several hints that a new Windows version is coming. The company’s CEO [img] Satya Nadella confirmed once again at the quarterly earnings call that...
  10. Windows 10 “Version 1607” confirmed as Microsoft begins finalizing ...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 “Version 1607” confirmed as Microsoft begins finalizing ...: Windows 10 “Version 1607” confirmed as Microsoft begins finalizing Anniversary - Update The Final Countdown Begins [img] Microsoft is now in the final stages of development of its upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Microsoft has been very tight lipped on...