Windows 10: Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why?

Discus and support Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP 43650 All in one printer. When I try to print pictures from my computer they go to the printer in color but the printer shows them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VickiCrainer, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why?

I have an HP 43650 All in one printer. When I try to print pictures from my computer they go to the printer in color but the printer shows them in black and white. It also prints them in black and white. I can print them in color on Microsoft One Note but I don't know where I got that and it does not show up in my devices. I am afraid to remove it since it is the only option I have for printing in color right now. All test pages for the HP program come in color and I can copy in color. Are the problems I have related to having the two print programs?

:)

VickiCrainer, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft PDF printer

Hi Carol,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to print files, this issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings or due to corrupted printer drivers.
    We will help you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt printer troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

Note: If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks
    for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and toner to complete printing your document.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on printer and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.
    • Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Try the above mentioned steps and get back with the required information to assist you accordingly.

Arul_D, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 20, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why?

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why? [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why?

1. Microsoft One Note printer has taken over my computer, how and why? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Note printer

2. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  3. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!: Hello,I am using Windows10 Pro. I recently got a notice saying I was out of room for email on my outlook account. When I went to investigate it turns out that the culprit was OneDRIVE backing a bunch of stuff up and using a shared drive with my email. As a result I am no...
  4. Help Please, ONE Drive has taken over!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  6. Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrative account has taken over-Why???!!!: After regretful update of windows 11.. I have gone past the 10 days and there is no way out. I can not attempt to do anything useful on laptop because no matter what, I need admin privileges. There has not been one even semi useful answer. Who knows the hidden secret here?!...
  7. Microsoft Sign has taken over my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign has taken over my computer: I cant sign in anywhere, and if I get a new password, within a few hours it starts saying incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sign-has-taken-over-my-computer/ce316863-d39a-4609-b843-182376b9f4de
  8. One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has taken over my laptop!!!: I haven't used one drive in quite a while, but got a notification that I had files uploaded and to buy more space. I decided to log in to one drive to see what I had stored. One drive moved multiple folders, including work save folders and so on to one drive. I now can NOT...
  9. Why has microsoft literally taken over my computer by not letting me print or save to my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why has microsoft literally taken over my computer by not letting me print or save to my...: Why has microsoft literally taken over my computer by not letting me print or save to my own files. Just because I don't want to download the new edge? * Moved from IE11/Win 10...
  10. Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?: I turned on my desktop yesterday and found a totally different look. All the icons were missing, and they were replaced by several large boxes. I tried to go to programs, but those are missing. I finally found something on the left side of the screen that took me to apps....