Windows 10: Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

Discus and support Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I hope everyone is staying safe and well from this coronavirus mess I've been a longtime Microsoft OneDrive... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by BeltFanChris, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I hope everyone is staying safe and well from this coronavirus mess

I've been a longtime Microsoft OneDrive user and paying customer going all the wayback to the original days of SkyDrive

I have had a huge issue and problem with Microsoft changing the ' Original Creation Date ' on some of my folders without my permission or consent. I've contacted Microsoft OneDrive Support hundreds of times with absolutely no resolution or help to resolve my issue. All I get is excuse after excuse after excuse from Microsoft OneDrive Support, they are absolutely no help at all whatsoever. I don't understand why Microsoft has a support for OneDrive when they don't help or want to resolve the issue

Let me give a little background, back in December of 2018 all of the Microsoft Office products including Hotmail and OneDrive was down for a day or so. I forgot the reason Microsoft gave into why all of the Microsoft Office products were down. They announced they were installing a patch to get the services back up and running. That is when the issue started arising of the ' Original Creation Date ' changing on folders without me doing anything

I don't edit, delete, or move anything at all whatsoever and all of the sudden, when I come out of the folder, Microsoft has changed the ' Original Creation Date ' on my folders

I know for a fact, I'm not the only person that has this problem or issue with Microsoft changing the ' Original Creation Date ' on folders without permission or consent. I've seen other people complain about this same exact issue and yet Microsoft does absolutely nothing to fix this issue and glitch with OneDrive. I know I'm really sick of it and fed up and tired of Microsoft changing my ' Original Creation Date ' without my permission or consent

I have O.C.D., I know it may not be a big deal to others but it is for me. I have O.C.D. so when Microsoft changes the ' Original Creation Date ' on my folders, it messes with me and throws my vibe and attitude off because I'm accustomed to seeing and wanting my ' Original Creation Date ' to remain as is

Does anyone else in this forum have this same issue and problem with Microsoft changing the ' Original Creation Date ' on folders without there permission or consent

:)

BeltFanChris, Apr 26, 2020

2. Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays to you all!

I'm in desperate need of assistance and help with my OneDrive account. The OneDrive E - Mail Support is absolutely laughable and no help at all whatsoever

I collect pro wrestling title histories as a small hobby project. I have all my files pretty organized and tidy in my OneDrive account

Well Microsoft kerps changing the ' Original Creation Date ' on some of my folders. I have OCD so when I see Microsoft changes the ' Original Creation Date ' to a' Modify Date ', my OCD kicks in and I hate it cause it throws me all off

This morning I was uploading more files, all of the sudden, my South America folder just disappears and it winded up in the Saved Pictures folder some how. So I move it back to the original location and let me be clear, I didn't move it myself out of it's
    original location

Anyways, when I moved it back the date change from the ' Original Creation Date ' to today date. I hate it and I want the ' Original Creation Date ' back under my the folder

I've been a paying and loyal OneDrive customer since the original SkyDrive days

Is there anyway possible I can get my ' Original Creation Date ' back on my folders?

Please, I'm hoping there is somebody that could help me get this resolved

ChrisJNorris, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Copied folders - sort by original date

I've got a bunch of folders with photos that I've copied back to a local drive from a Macrium image. The problem I have is that every folder now has a created date of March 07 2020 and I cannot sort them by their original creation date. Is there any way to sort the folders by the original creation date of the photos inside them?

Edit: The only original date left appears to be the modified date of the photo files.

Kol12, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Motim Win User

Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

Files Creation Date

Helllo,
    I have several folders with important documents, letters, notes etc. To keep then safe I just copied the several folders to another location (another disc) in the computer. Noticed that all files in the new location got current date as creation date, not as the originals.
    Tried some backup programs, but when they backup / copy the source folders / files to the target location, files creation date is changes to current date.
    Is it possible to do it keeping the original creation date of the files.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Winver = 1809 17763.864

Motim, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

1. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders? - Similar Threads - Microsoft OneDrive Changing

2. 2022 Properties Save original creation date when copying or moving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2022 Properties Save original creation date when copying or moving folders: How do you save the original creation date when copying or moving folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2022-properties-save-original-creation-date-when/398c23a6-bc92-4ed7-b9e9-f5d657472a1e
  3. 2022 Properties Save original creation date when copying or moving folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2022 Properties Save original creation date when copying or moving folders: How do you save the original creation date when copying or moving folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2022-properties-save-original-creation-date-when/398c23a6-bc92-4ed7-b9e9-f5d657472a1e
  4. Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?: I have a workstation in use by a client, who is reporting what he believes to be "suspicious" activity on his computer. As evidence of the suspicious activity, he provided the attached screenshot, which shows that the Creation Date of "C:\Program...
  5. Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?: I have a workstation in use by a client, who is reporting what he believes to be "suspicious" activity on his computer. As evidence of the suspicious activity, he provided the attached screenshot, which shows that the Creation Date of "C:\Program...
  6. Creation Date of folder under WindowsApps changed to today?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?: Windows 10 x64 20H2 There's one root folder with a lot of subfolders. Each subfolder has one or more subfolders which have the files. I need to copy out every file created since October 2020, by selecting the second level folders so that their subfolders and all files in them...
  8. Date Saved to Folder Windows 10 vs. Original Creation Date on Source System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date Saved to Folder Windows 10 vs. Original Creation Date on Source System: I'm using Windows 10 (2004), but I'm trying to figure out something. I have a download folder with many files in it (from all the way back to 2002). A few versions back of Windows 10 when I would download something, the date of when the file was saved to that folder would be...
  9. Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!: Hello everyone and Happy Holidays to you all! I'm in desperate need of assistance and help with my OneDrive account. The OneDrive E - Mail Support is absolutely laughable and no help at all whatsoever I collect pro wrestling title histories as a small hobby project. I...
  10. File creation date is changed

File creation date is changed: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-creation-date-is-changed/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"