Windows 10: Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders

Discus and support Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to know why, on more than one of my client accounts, The profile folder under "Users"... The "Desktop" and "Pictures" folder are actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KellJemison, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders

I wanted to know why, on more than one of my client accounts, The profile folder under "Users"... The "Desktop" and "Pictures" folder are actually moved to the Onedrive cloud location.

I would like to know how this is happening as it is causing issues within my networks.

Thank you

Kell

:)

KellJemison, Jan 22, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Onedrive move folder to document

Hi Rendell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to move the folder?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if that helps.

Move the OneDrive Folder

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-folder/147dade2-830b-46ee-bf7e-36a8eab9446a

You can refer to the following work around. This will help you to choose the folders to sync on Onedrive.

• Right click on OneDrive icon of
      System Tray

• Click on Settings, then click on
      choose folders
      tab.

• Click on choose folders option, then click on sync only these folders.

Hope the information helps. Please reply back with a status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders

Move the OneDrive Folder

I want to move my OneDrive folder to a different hard drive. When I follow these steps (unlink the PC from OneDrive, move the folder and set up OneDrive again), I cannot select a different location than the C:\User folder that was previously used. It tells
    me that my administrator requires the OneDrive folder to go there. However, I am administrator of the computer, so I don't really understand what's going on. What should I do please?

Thanks!

JustineSieg, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders

1. Microsoft OneDrive Moving Folders - Similar Threads - Microsoft OneDrive Moving

2. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  3. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  4. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  5. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  6. Changing PCs - Move OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing PCs - Move OneDrive Folders: I just bought a new windows10 machine and I would like to move all the files on my old PC to the new one and disconnect the old one from OneDrive services. I also do not want OneDrive in its existing location, I have a lot of photos and stuff that I want stored on another...
  7. Moving OneDrive folders

Moving OneDrive folders: How do i move my documents and photos from OneDrive to my computer or google drive? The save icon is grayed out and cannot be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-onedrive-folders/72ea425b-90ee-4ba8-93e3-a3501de7c1cb"
  8. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  9. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

Move Library Folders to OneDrive: I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive. I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved. When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location"...
  10. Moving OneDrive to new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving OneDrive to new folder: Long story, but I had placed my onedrive folder inside a different online backup folder (I don't know don't ask me why lol). Anyway now I need to move the OneDrive folder back to the main C: drive folder, but I can't figure out how to stop syncing long enough to move....