Windows 10: Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots...

Discus and support Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Honestly, I'm just posting here to see if anyone has run into something similar themselves. I apologize that there will be a little bit of rambling,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertTucker8, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots...

Honestly, I'm just posting here to see if anyone has run into something similar themselves. I apologize that there will be a little bit of rambling, but the full story I feel is necessary or as much of it as I'm aware of.

We have 5 systems here all doing the same thing. After Windows 10 runs through the "We're setting things up for you" screen and gets to the desktop, the system will stay there approximately 5-10 seconds before it starts to continuously reboot before going into Startup Repair. Thing is, we built 5 systems a little over a month ago approx mid June which worked without issue. The only thing that changed was the chassis in order to meet an ETA. Previously, we had used the Antec ISK310-150, but this time we are using InWin BQ656T.AD150TB3. The full configuration is:

• H470M-ITX/ac
    • i7-10700
    • 2x KVR26N19S6L/4
    • SA2000M8/500G
    • DS-8ACSH

As I said, with all components installed this constant reboot occurs. However, using a different PSU I was able to get systems loaded without this issue as these are going into the field, this is not an ideal way for this to happen should a reload be necessary in the field. Once I plugged everything back in as we intend to build it, it works just fine, before doing any manual drivers or updates after which it still continues to work fine. A second technician and myself were able to get a failing system into Safe Mode where we disabled the two startup items, OneDrive Setup and Microsoft Security Icon. That system then worked so we re-enabled both items one at a time. It failed again when the OneDrive Setup was enabled, regardless of the status of the Security. We checked the logs, but couldn't find an explanation for the continued failures.

We have attempted to get a hold of both chassis mfrs, but we aren't holding out hope for that. If anyone has seen a similar issue, or has a suggestion we haven't thought of, any assistance would be welcomed.

:)

RobertTucker8, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Microsoft OneDrive Stuck at OOBE During Windows 10 Setup

Hi,

An incomplete installation or corrupted setup file may be the possible reason why you're unable to install OneDrive during Windows 10 setup. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you trying to install OneDrive after Windows 10 Creators Update?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots...

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots...

1. Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots... - Similar Threads - Microsoft OneDrive Setup

2. Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...: Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive forWindows 11 build 22621 22H2Let us begin.We all know that Microsoft's OneDrive is automatically installed when you install the Windows OS, it is also setup to run automatically when you...
  3. Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...: Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive forWindows 11 build 22621 22H2Let us begin.We all know that Microsoft's OneDrive is automatically installed when you install the Windows OS, it is also setup to run automatically when you...
  4. What is causing these random reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing these random reboots: I have no idea what's going on but at night time after i am done using my pc after awhile it just randomly reboots with "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80735701f15, 0xffff8384b6b6eb58, 0xffff8384b6b6e390. A...
  5. Realtek Audio Setup requires reboots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Setup requires reboots: Trying to install Realtek audio driver but the thing beeps trying to install after every reboot. I've rebooted six tie and that isn't right. Even Windows Update tells me a reboot is required. I have an ASUS monitor with speaker. The audio woks but low volume eve though I...
  6. OneDrive setup for backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive setup for backups: On Win10, I just configured OneDrive for the first time. It was set up to backup my Desktop, Document and Pictures and to sync them all. What I understood from the instructions is that this means the files will remain on the local PC and be backed up in the cloud. What...
  7. Reboot causes reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot causes reinstall: When I reboot PC Windows 10 Pro does a reinstall I think. My desktop is wiped out, printer, browser, and other apps are replaced by Microsoft's defaults. Very, very annoying and time consuming. How do I prevent this from happening?...
  8. Forcing setup of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forcing setup of OneDrive?: I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon. This led to web searches. This led to the proposition that within Ransomware settings that OneDrive setup could be DISMISSED. Well, it can't be dismissed. There is no option for that. My...
  9. Is Onedrive causing Windows setup on new HP computer to take days?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Onedrive causing Windows setup on new HP computer to take days?: I got an HP Pavillion out of the box and followed the prompts for a new Windows 10 setup. After getting the wifi set up, it came to a screen that gave me the choice of either backing up files on one drive or only backing up on this computer. It mentioned that I have 200Gb...
  10. Microsoft OneDrive Setup (32bit) constant CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft OneDrive Setup (32bit) constant CPU usage: Hi all, I have the following problem on both my laptop and my desktop PC. Both running Windows 10 Educational. High constant CPU usage Microsoft OneDrive Setup (32bit) as seen in the screenshot. Today I let my laptop run idle, and for 3 hours the OneDrive Setup did...