Windows 10: Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017

Discus and support Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's latest OneDrive roadmap shows Q2 2017 as the ship target for a long-awaited feature: Differential sync. Microsoft roadmaps are fluid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017

Read more: Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017 | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Feb 20, 2017
  2. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Feb 20, 2017
  3. LexKinter Win User
    "Link" or "Sync" OneDrive, PC and WindowsPhone

"Sync" means the system reviews the files within the physical store and makes them the same.

"Link" means that the physical store is elsewhere (such as a PC) and not "Sync"ed.

My OneDrive.com (through the web) shows "PC" (one physical devices where I installed OneDrive).

My Windows Phone OneDrive (installed app vs the one that came with the Lumina 1520) does not.

Q1 - Why doesn't my phone show my PC?

Q2 - When I install OneDrive on a PC, is it "Link"ed - or "Sync" ed? It doesn't make any sense to have two physical stores in a "OneDrive" world (unless MS is pushing data stores and going to say it is a second copy or "backup").

Thank you for your help.

LexKinter, Feb 20, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017

1. Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017 - Similar Threads - Microsoft OneDrive differential

2. Onedrive not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not syncing: Regarding onedrive. I have 2 computers, one desk top and laptop, windows 10. The desktop works and communicates fine with onedrive. Onedrive had\s personal folders and one shared folder. The laptop previously worked, but now does not sync well. Opening the icon, the window...
  3. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  4. OneDrive Sync

OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  5. Onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  6. Onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  7. OneDrive now supports differential sync for all files and customers

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive now supports differential sync for all files and customers: [boom it's done] I love it when the team resolves OneDrive User Voice suggestions with thousands of votes! "Enable differential sync (only sync parts of the files that changed)" - is now rolled out to all customers. See also:...
  8. OneDrive differential sync not working?

OneDrive differential sync not working?: So basically the news were, that OneDrive added diff sync for all file types. I have a 10GB file stored on OneDrive, and when I change just few parts of it, whole file is being uploaded. Is there any special setting to enable diff sync?...
  9. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...