Windows 10: Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory

Discus and support Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Looking over my User folders I noticed that OneDrive puts the backed up Pictures folder alongside my original Pictures folder. Basically I have 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A n d re yManachinov, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory

Looking over my User folders I noticed that OneDrive puts the backed up Pictures folder alongside my original Pictures folder. Basically I have 2 Picture folders.

I wanted to know if this is related to the OneDrive settings.

I wanted to know if this is related to the library settings in Windows 10. Which would be easier because I can just remove the Picture folder in OneDrive from the library.

How do I manage just 1 Picture folder? I seriously don't mind not backing up pictures to OneDrive anyway.

Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory 3851cff5-8931-40f6-b038-597b1781f964?upload=true.jpg

:)

A n d re yManachinov, Aug 2, 2020
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory

1. Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory - Similar Threads - Microsoft Onedrive creates

2. A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file: A few months ago I was working for a company I'll call Company X. As a part of my work I saved documents to Company's X's OneDrive folder which I was connected to by having my email through Company X synced with my laptop. I no longer work for this company, have disconnected...
  3. User folder in the C: root directory

User folder in the C: root directory: I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and then delete the seven smaller folders?...
  4. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  5. Weird User Folder in Users Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird User Folder in Users Directory: I have noticed that in my Users directory that the folder name for one of my users is "DESKTOP.7MODD72". Anyone have any experience with this happening? If so, what caused it? Windows 10 - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 submitted by /u/e-_-v [link] [comments]...
  6. Unwanted new User Account created by OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unwanted new User Account created by OS: Hi, recently on my Windows 10 home I got an blue page error with fault_in_non_paged error and when it booted again I looked for the support to avoid the future similar error as it was 5th time I got such an error abruptly so the support page of HP asked me to press power...
  7. How to Create a Folder Directory

How to Create a Folder Directory: How can I create a list of folders, sub-folders, and files within those folders? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-folder-directory/700f4fd1-c2fb-470a-ae0a-ea23e770efe6"
  8. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted: I set up the Onedrive folder in a non-default location, but now I have two Onedrive folders; the one I set up in the custom location, and another one that was created at the same time in the default location. I can't get rid of the one in the default location without...
  9. New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?

in Windows 10 Support
    New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?: Hi everyone, I've had Windows 10 final release installed on my pc for a couple of days, and it has been proving a quite good experience. I just came across something though. I was editing a cpp file in Notepad++ and wanted to save it to a newly created folder in Documents....
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...