Windows 10: Microsoft outlines plans to build a 'world graph' for geographic data

Discus and support Microsoft outlines plans to build a 'world graph' for geographic data in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is building out a number of "graphs," or data indexes, across the company. There's the Bing knowledge graph, the Office Graph, and now, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft outlines plans to build a 'world graph' for geographic data

Read more: Microsoft outlines plans to build a 'world graph' for geographic data | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Dec 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 and my expensive data plan

Microsoft has been a wonderful asset to the whole world. I would like to see it as community minded going forward as it always has been over the years. I would like to see Microsoft take care of it's loyal rural customers on Data Plans by designing a
    Windows Version that has a basic plan with Data usage in mind.

Sherbrook-----------, Dec 15, 2016
  3. froschy Win User
    nokia n97 maps

That's correct, and yes you can save maps to your phone using a PC with either Ovi Suite v2.0 or Maps Loader. When you use these applications, you select the geographic regions that you want downloaded to your phone and the application will download them
    from the internet onto your PC and then transfer them to your phone.

There is a big range of choices for geographic regions across the entire world and for places like the USA you can either select the entire country or by individual states. About every three months the map data will be updated by Nokia requiring replacing
    the map data on your phone so I would recommend only downloading the geographic extent that you need as it takes awhile to download and transfer large selections to your phone.

Hope this helps!

froschy, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft outlines plans to build a 'world graph' for geographic data

1. Microsoft outlines plans to build a 'world graph' for geographic data - Similar Threads - Microsoft outlines plans

2. Microsoft Edge detects the wrong Geographical Location

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge detects the wrong Geographical Location: Location accuracy can do a lot in today’s times. In a browser, it would mean customized search results, personalized recommendations, etc. If Microsoft Edge on your PC is detecting a wrong geographical location, this guide will help you. There are many pros and cons that...
  3. Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan: On August 7, I called for my regular paid tuneup. I don't know what he did but the computer was even slower. I called again on August 8, the issue became worse the individual was unsure of what he was doing. I called again twice after with the long hold. Then finally...
  4. Microsoft calculator graphing mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft calculator graphing mode: I tried to graph an equation involving x raised to the fourth power using the Microsoft calculator app. It refused. Tried the same equation using the desmos graphing calculator and it worked. Question: Is the Microsoft calculator limited to lower level functions? * Moved...
  5. Microsoft outlines privacy and security in Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft outlines privacy and security in Microsoft Teams: Almost overnight, video conferencing has become a big part of our daily life and work. A few weeks in, my team and I at Microsoft have adjusted to the new reality of seeing each other’s homes, complete with dogs, cats, and other family members. Everyone around the...
  6. Cool to see Microsoft collaborating with National Geographic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cool to see Microsoft collaborating with National Geographic: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kramo_27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj5uxx/cool_to_see_microsoft_collaborating_with_national/
  7. Adding new Data to a Word Graph

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Adding new Data to a Word Graph: I inserted a graph in word, plotted the data via excel and saved the document. I did not save the excel document, it did not occur to me to do it. But when I tried to edit the data and add some additional information, I was not able to do it. I tried right clicking and...
  8. Microsoft - Building a world without passwords in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - Building a world without passwords in Windows 10: Nobody likes passwords. They are inconvenient, insecure, and expensive. In fact, we dislike them so much that we’ve been busy at work trying to create a world without them – a world without passwords. In this blog, we will provide a brief insight into how we at Microsoft...
  9. How to download with a limited data plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download with a limited data plan: Hi, I've searched on the subject, here and googling but not really finding an exact answer. I live in the country so only have broadband by satellite with limited data each month. I can't download windows 10 without just about using it up. I have a pc and a laptop. The pc has...
  10. Microsoft to Reveal New Windows 9 SKU Plans at BUILD

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Reveal New Windows 9 SKU Plans at BUILD: The BUILD 2014 developer conference which kicks off on April 2 in San Francisco is expected to bring us the very first official news on Windows 9, Microsoft’s new full operating system that could see daylight sometime in the spring of 2015. Microsoft watcher Mary Jo Foley...