Windows 10: microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time...

Discus and support microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I get this message when I try to open outlook from office 2010, it tries to install every time as well. Based on past answers I have followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martin 112, Dec 23, 2019.

1. microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time...

microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time... d21eae91-7f7f-419d-ac12-4aa2f4bb7a7f?upload=true.jpg

I get this message when I try to open outlook from office 2010, it tries to install every time as well. Based on past answers I have followed the below instructions on numerous occasions. It previously worked and the install issue was corrected by using the repair option for office 2010 in windows settings. Now this repair fails nearly every time, it takes repairing the registry several times followed by or preceded by the repair before it works and then after a day or sometimes in the same day, it begins to happen all over again, any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks!

You're probably talking about mscomctl isn't it ?

If so, you may download this file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/detail...

Don't install it, but extract it somewhere.

- Copy the mscomctl.ocx file to C:\Windows\system32 Win10 - 32 Bit or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Win10 - 64 Bit

- Hit Windows + X and launch Command Prompt admin

For Windows 32 bits type: regsrv32 mscomctl.ocx and hit ENTER

For Windows 64 bits type:
    cd.. hit ENTER
    cd SysWOW64 hit ENTER
    regsrv32 mscomctl.ocx and hit ENTER

If Outlook still ask for mscomctl, just provide the folder where you extracted it.

:)

Martin 112, Dec 23, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User
    newtekie1, Dec 23, 2019
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links

After the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Outlook 2010 keeps asking how to open web links embedded in email messages. I select Internet Explore (not Microsoft Edge) and check "Always Use this App" but each time I get the prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions?

PJLLB, Dec 23, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User
Thema:

microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time...

1. microsoft outlook 0fficed 2010 continues to ask for a file and tries to install every time... - Similar Threads - microsoft outlook 0fficed

2. Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails: I have a website at erbacce-press.co.uk and when I click on buttons to send emails the email that appears is named 'Microsoft Outlook 2010' but I am running Windows 10 pro... none of the emails at this out-of-date Outlook ever arrive? Can you help please?...
  3. Outlook asks for MS Account Password every time I startup

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook asks for MS Account Password every time I startup: I've just installed Microsoft 365 and configured Outlook with all my email accounts which is a mixture of POP and IMap and Exchange (my MS account). Every time I start the machine from cold Outlook asks me for my MS Account Password - not just once but twice - before I can...
  4. Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2010 asks for missing file during install - it will still work but it asks for it...: I previously posted this question; when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update....
  5. 0FFICE 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0FFICE 365: I cannot locate my product key to download Office 365 to a new computer, solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0ffice-365/be87bb8d-e21a-4d67-a10d-c653e9288e90
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. Outlook 2010 persistently asks for product key.

Outlook 2010 persistently asks for product key.: I have the MS Office 2010 Home and Student installed. First of all Word, Excel and Powerpoint all work without any problems. Whenever I start Outlook I see the configuration screen asking for my product key. Once that is entered the configuration proceeds and completes. I...
  8. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  9. Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem: I am constantly getting a request to enter my username and password when trying to use Outlook 2010. Even after entering what I think is the correct password, (I have tried others just in case I have got it wrong but I am pretty certain I am not wrong) I still get the...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659