Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook 16 in Windows 10 continually request my credentials

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook 16 in Windows 10 continually request my credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello again members, I have encountered problems with Outlook 2016 running under Windows 10. When logging in to My email account the message appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elusiverunner, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Microsoft Outlook 16 in Windows 10 continually request my credentials

Hello again members,

I have encountered problems with Outlook 2016 running under Windows 10. When logging in to My email account the message appears below
    "Enter your user name and password for the following server.
    Task 'L: [email protected] - receiving reported error (0x800CCC92): your email server rejected your login. Verify your username and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded:- ERR [AUTH] authentication failed".
    Now I have checked quite a few times and re-entered both my username and password and they checkout OK. I have reset my computer and downloaded a new copy of Office 2016 Professional, no luck on that front.
    I can sign in to my account outside of Office with no problems resulting.
    Over the last few days, and this is the strange part my other email usernames and passwords on other computers has started not recognising the credentials. Beats me as they are different user credentials.
    If there is some truly clever person out there that could slowly and carefully explain to me how to remedy this I would surely appreciate it as I have tried some of the solutions on Google once again with either no success or unable to find the panels that are mentioned and I believe my email box could be filling up !

By the way I was running Microsoft Windows Home 10 build 1903.

:)

elusiverunner, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

update credentials to receive mail from Microsoft Outlook

Hi,

Changes in the Outlook configuration settings may cause this issue. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Outlook version are you using? Click this link for the steps to find out.
    • When did the issue begin?

Since you're unable to install the latest update, you can work around this issue by removing all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps.

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click
      Credential Manager. (Note: If
      View
      by is set to Category, click
      User
      Accounts first, and then click Credential
      Manager.)
    • Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove
      from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word
      Outlook
      in the name.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Hi Kimberly,

There is a possibility that the stored credentials are not overwritten when Outlook triggers the authentication prompt even if you enable the Remember my credentials option.

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest that you remove all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Credential Manager.

Note If View by is set to Category, click User Accounts first, and then click Credential Manager

• Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word Outlook in the name.

Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Microsoft Outlook 16 in Windows 10 continually request my credentials

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook 16 in Windows 10 continually request my credentials

1. Microsoft Outlook 16 in Windows 10 continually request my credentials - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook continually

2. Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials: I am trying to network a new pc to an existing network.The existing network functions correctly, all pcs and shares can be accessed.The new pc cannot access the existing network and continually asks for Windows Credentials, and everything I enter is incorrect, so I am really...
  3. Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials: I am trying to network a new pc to an existing network.The existing network functions correctly, all pcs and shares can be accessed.The new pc cannot access the existing network and continually asks for Windows Credentials, and everything I enter is incorrect, so I am really...
  4. Windows Continually Asking For Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Outlook keeps requesting my email password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook keeps requesting my email password.: I installed Windows 10 update on 11/29/2020. Since update I have experienced problems with Outlook 2013. Outlook when starting continually asks for my outlook.pst password and email passwords. I have 4 email accounts setup and only one account continues to ask for...
  6. Microsoft requesting credentials for every program, every day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft requesting credentials for every program, every day: My computer has recently started asking for my credentials every time I turn my computer on after the initial login screen, once the computer is booted. I get notifications about "work or school account problem" and "Microsoft account problem," as well as some individual...
  7. Microsoft outlook 16

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft outlook 16: I was unable to open outlook 2016 I am running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-outlook-16/4e7694e4-8681-4e11-9f78-30e52820ec52
  8. Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials

Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials: I have been using Windows for many many years and Win10 since shortly before Win7 lost support. For much of that time I have been using Outlook 2016 and also a feature of my Firefox browser that allows me to easily send an email referencing my active Web page. A few weeks ago...
  9. Updating outlook credentials

Updating outlook credentials: I have received emails from Microsoft (almost daily) say Please update for credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I followed the directions as best I could, but cannot seem to resolve the issue. Has someone had this experience had...
  10. emailin outlook 16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emailin outlook 16: I am a Time Warner customer. I bout a new desktop in 2016 and set up to get my email on outlook.,now I cant send or receive on outlook. it says error ox8000CCCoE., cant connect to server,but I can receive email on time warner..i want outlook instead. HELP.Cat...