Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I know this is an old version but it suits me & has previously worked on previous builds but not 10240 or the official upgrade installed from Windows 7... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WightWalker, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email

I know this is an old version but it suits me & has previously worked on previous builds but not 10240 or the official upgrade installed from Windows 7 Pro.

I set up all the parameters & can successfully send & receive a test message from with the account set up:

Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email [​IMG]

I can successfully receive emails but I get this message when trying to send:

Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email [​IMG]

I've tried playing around with advanced settings but no success.

If I boot from Windows 7, then all emails can be sent with the same settings.

I'm a tad lost as to what to do - any ideas appreciated.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 3, 2015

2. Email sent from Windows 10 Mail shows senders email address, not name, in recipient 'From' column

Hi there

I've just tried to start using Windows 10 Mail and set up a new account exactly as it is on my very old Outlook 2003 client. It works in that emails are sent and received. I have also set the email settings so that the 'Send messages using this name' is
    correct as my name, not my email.

However, whenever I send a message, either to say Outlook (cloud) or another email address on the old Outlook 2003 client, the 'From' is now showing the email address it's sent from instead of the name of the person sending it.

If I switch back to the old Outlook 2003 client and do the same emails ( to Outlook cloud and to another account on Outlook 2003), the name of the sender is correctly displayed in the recipient 'From' column and not the email address.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Koppite412, Aug 3, 2015
  3. sk2000 Win User
    Sync pop3 email account with Outlook

The problem stems from the fact that I no longer have access to my original pop3 account, but need to archive and print the pop3 emails on my Treo 700w. I'd like to sync my pop3 emails on my Treo 700w with Outlook 2003 on my laptop. Alternatively, is there
    a way to transfer pop3 emails (inbox and sent files) to a new Outlook Mobile account and then sync with the laptop based Outlook 2003?

sk2000, Aug 3, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email

I use Outlook 2003 on Win 7 but I couldn't get Office 2003 Pro (which has Outlook) to install in Win 8.1.
    Compare all the settings in Outlook 2003 with what you have in Win 7.

However, according to a thread I found, doing a google search for that error code, the fix was to delete the e-mail account and create a new one.

fireberd, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Thanks. However, I tried it by deleting all accounts & just adding 1 with same result i.e. Test Message sent OK but can't send separate email.

Even tried setting compatibility mode to Windows 7 with no success.

WightWalker, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Teflon Win User
    I had exactly the same issue and resolved it by running "sfc /scannow" (without quote marks) from the Command Prompt (Admin). It took a while to run, and found a few corrupted files which it repaired. I then re-started the pc, and Outlook now behaves as it should.

Hopefully this will also work for you.

Cliff

Teflon, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Try to connect to smtp server without ssl. Then restart Outlook and try to send an e-mail. Now Outlook 2003 should sent your e-mail correctly. The problem is that ssl connection to the smtp server doesn't work when Outlook 2003 is used on Windows 10

musicscore, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email

1. Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Can't sent email - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook 2003

2. Why can't I print a mailing label sent to me in Microsoft outlook mail and calendar email??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I print a mailing label sent to me in Microsoft outlook mail and calendar email??: I am trying to print out a label sent to me in email, and I save it to desktop and still it won't print. printer is good and I have run diagnostics and that is good too. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Why can't I print a mailing label sent to me in Microsoft outlook mail and calendar email??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I print a mailing label sent to me in Microsoft outlook mail and calendar email??: I am trying to print out a label sent to me in email, and I save it to desktop and still it won't print. printer is good and I have run diagnostics and that is good too. What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Web Outlook schedule recurring email automatically sent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Outlook schedule recurring email automatically sent: I could only find the visual basic code for sending recurring emails with Outlook Desktop version. Would the code work on Web Outlook Live emails? the vba bellow: Private Sub Application_ReminderByVal Item As Object Dim objMsg As MailItem Dim objApp As AppointmentItem...
  5. Outlook 2003

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2003: Hi, I use Outlook 2003 for my e-mail client and since I downloaded and installed the latest major update 20H2 - 19042.685 on Windows 10 Pro the password keeps dropping out and I am prompted to enter the password every time I open Outlook. Do Microsoft ever test these...
  6. Outlook sent emails disappear

Outlook sent emails disappear: Have outlook account accessed by Safari and Firefox . All SENT emails before 1800 on 15 march suddenly disappeared . SENT emails after that time have beenretained. They are not/not in Deleted or Archived files. NO succession contacting Microsoft and Help Cat icon on...
  7. Can't find sent emails in the sent box

Can't find sent emails in the sent box: Not all sent emails are shown in the sent box so I don’t know if they were received or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-sent-emails-in-the-sent-box/1f455a28-6a8a-49c8-a2f7-d06e630cd276
  8. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sent email not showing: Kippis! *Wink Glad we got this sorted out. *Smile
  9. Help please with Outlook 2003

in Browsers and Email
    Help please with Outlook 2003: When I create a signature in Outlook it is single line spaced but when I create a new email or insert a signature it is double line spaced and I cannot change it. Also, how can I create a signature including graphics? I have created an HTML file but the logo doesn't show...
  10. Outlook 2003

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2003: I run Office 2003 on my Windows 7 machine and use Outlook 2003 for my email. Is there a way I can use Outlook 2003 if I upgrade to Windows 10? This potential problem is the only reason I don't upgrade to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Thanks for any information. *Think 26964