Windows 10: Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications

Discus and support Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to work out why I am not receiving notifications from the outlook application. I have turned on notifications in outlook settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by james16127, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications

I am trying to work out why I am not receiving notifications from the outlook application. I have turned on notifications in outlook settings and checked the permissions in windows notifications settings.

Does the outlook app have to remain open in the background to send notifications as it seems to still send them when the application is open in the background?

:)

james16127, Mar 25, 2020
  2. TTT
    TTT Win User

Outlook desktop notifications not showing up

The pop-up desktop notification and sound for Outlook have stopped showing up on one of my computers. Desktop alerts and sounds are enabled in Outlook settings, notification from Outlook are enabled in Win10 notifications settings, new emails go to the inbox, and I'm not using quiet hours. Notably, when I first detected this issue, I discovered that Windows 10's notification settings had been disabled for Outlook at some point (AFAIK, I didn't do this). Re-enabling this setting hasn't brought back pop-up alerts. Rebooting had no effect.

System details:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Outlook Office 365 ProPlus, version 1903 (build 11425.20202 if this means anything)

3. skcusime Win User
    iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365)

I have office 365 installed and use Office Outlook for all my email, calendars and contacts. Icloud for windows is installed. I share my calendar with my wife's account and vice versa. Everything syncs well (most of the time) but on my wife's computer there are 579 notifications in the icloud section of Outlook. Clicking on "Notifications" just sends the cursor spinning, followed by "Outlook is not responding", and eventually it recovers from this, but still doesn't open or show the notifications. How can I see them or delete them?
    When my wife adds a calendar item to her calendar, I get a notification on my iphone, which I "accept" and it adds it to the calendar on my iphone calendar.
    I also get a notification in the icloud section of Outlook, and I click and accept it. So it seems one notification at a time is easy to accept and it goes, but 579 seems overload and it just hangs. Refresh does nothing.
    Any clues how to delete them all?
    See attached screen shot
    Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications [​IMG]

skcusime, Mar 25, 2020
  4. CharlieRB Win User

Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications

Outlook Notifications appear after a delay

Turning on notification in Outlook does not guarantee Windows 10 will honor them. So, you have to ensure Windows 10 notification settings are set to allow notifications from the application (they may be in the Action Center, but not displayed on the Desktop).

If you already have Outlook configured to display the desktop alert, then follow these steps to configure Windows.

1. In the Action Center (in the bottom right corner, next to your time)
      click on All Settings. An alternative method to open the Settings
      app would be to open the Start Menu and then click on Settings.
    2. Click on: System.
    3. From the panel on the left select: Notifications & Actions.
    4. In the “Show notifications from these apps” section at the bottom,
      click on
      Outlook. (If Outlook isn’t listed, you haven’t received a new message yet so Outlook isn’t registered yet as an app that receives
      notifications. Simply send yourself a test message in that case and
      reopen the Settings app.
      Also note that you must be using Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 as Outlook 2010 and previous have their own notifications which do not
      integrates with Windows 10)

5. Make sure that you have enabled all notification options.
    6. Close Settings.

You may or may not need to restart Outlook.

Source - Not getting New Email Alerts on Windows 10

If this doesn't fix the issue, you may need to perform a repair install of Office.

CharlieRB, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications

1. Microsoft outlook 365 desktop notifications - Similar Threads - Microsoft outlook 365

2. Microsoft Outlook 365 is poor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook 365 is poor: Hi,Microsoft's latest Outlook is poor at best. Please bring these features:1. When one clicks on Sort by sender names, one could jump to letter with the old outlook. Now that great feature is gone. WHY? Please bring that back..?2, If I remove conversations from the view in...
  3. Microsoft Outlook 365 is poor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 365 is poor: Hi,Microsoft's latest Outlook is poor at best. Please bring these features:1. When one clicks on Sort by sender names, one could jump to letter with the old outlook. Now that great feature is gone. WHY? Please bring that back..?2, If I remove conversations from the view in...
  4. Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while: I recently got a new work computer and installed Office 365. Desktop notifications worked at the beginning for a while but then stopped. When they stopped working, I repaired Office and they started working for a short period of time but then stopped working. So I completely...
  5. Microsoft 365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft 365 Outlook: Have logged on today and all latest sent emails have disappeared from my sent box - the latest one showing is 2017 and yes I have got it set to newest on top If I search for an email I can find it and it says sent. Have checked my settings are they are correct. I have...
  6. Microsoft 365 and outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft 365 and outlook 2007: I am thinking of getting Microsoft 365 one user. I already have MS Office Home and Student 2007 and Outlook 2007 installed. Do I have to uninstall those before installing Microsoft 365 or can I just leave then installed? 157517
  7. iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365): I have office 365 installed and use Office Outlook for all my email, calendars and contacts. Icloud for windows is installed. I share my calendar with my wife's account and vice versa. Everything syncs well (most of the time) but on my wife's computer there are 579...
  8. Outlook Desktop Notification Not Working

Outlook Desktop Notification Not Working: I have Windows 10 and the desktop preview alerts for Outlook are no longer working. I still get the envelope icon and notifications are showing up in the action center, but the desktop preview is not. I've read through past Q&As to try and fix the problem, however none of the...
  9. Microsoft outlook 365

Microsoft outlook 365: Hi, I have a client using Microsoft Outlook 365 and when she goes to her online server account and cleans up her email on the site, it removes those emails from the ones she has on her PC as well.. how can it be stopped from doing this? regards Kris Snidal...
  10. Microsoft Office 365 Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Office 365 Outlook: Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade. After installing Office 365, I cannot find my "Contacts" in the Outlook address book. Looking for a solution. 31803