Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook Application Crash due to UCRTBASE.DLL

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook Application Crash due to UCRTBASE.DLL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Build 2004 Outlook crashes intermittently and generates the following Application Event Log error. Event 1000, Application Error 11:06AM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kerry Freeth, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Microsoft Outlook Application Crash due to UCRTBASE.DLL

Windows 10 Build 2004

Outlook crashes intermittently and generates the following Application Event Log error.

Event 1000, Application Error 11:06AM, 12/7/2020 Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.13426.20308, time stamp: 0x5fc6ea9b Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x73123758 Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x0009edbb Faulting process id: 0x41c0 Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ccaedccaa9fa Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll Report Id: f8791f7b-faf7-452a-8ff2-7268662a6db2 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have run SFC /SCANNOW

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office 365

Here are the properties of the failing file:

Microsoft Outlook Application Crash due to UCRTBASE.DLL bcaeb7c9-0d57-49b9-8907-9ee548eff256?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kerry Freeth, Dec 7, 2020
  2. robgr Win User

Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013

Hi,
    I have Office 2016 but have to use Outlook 2013 due to Exchange limitations for my corporate email account
    All works well except when choosing default applications the list only has Outlook 2016
    This is a problem as I want to configure the MAILTO (URL:MailTo) protocol to Outlook 2013 (the version I use)
    I can't have both versions running together so how can I edit the list/select Outlook 2013 when choosing the default apps for email/MAILTO?

robgr, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Outlook crashes with KERNELBASE.dll error trying to start Export/import option.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the application doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Is the computer connected to a Domain Network?
    2. Does the issue occur when you start the computer in a clean boot state?
    3. Does the Outlook application work fine in a different user account?

The file KernelBase.dll is a DLL file stored in the system folder of Windows operating system. It is created automatically during the installation of the Windows operating system. KernelBase.dll is used to launch .exe applications. When it is either
    broken, damaged or corrupt, you will get the .dll file missing or not found error when you start the programs.

You can create new profile in Outlook to check if that helps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/overview-of-outlook-e-mail-profiles-9073a8ac-c3d6-421d-b5b9-fcedff7642fc

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know about the results.

Method 1:
    Register the .dll file.

• Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard and type Command prompt.
    • Right click and Run as administrator.
    • Type: regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll
    • Restartthe computer and check.

Method 2: Copy the same file from another computer.

I would suggest you to copy the KernelBase.dll
    file from another computer running the
    same version and edition of Windows operating system.

The location of the file KernelBase.dll
    differs in each system based on the architecture. If it is 64-bit Windows OS, then the
    KernelBase.dll file is located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If it is 32-bit OS, then
    KernelBase.dll file is located in C:\Windows\System32.

For more information, suggest you to refer the article and create a new profile in Outlook:

https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Create-an-Outlook-profile-F544C1BA-3352-4B3B-BE0B-8D42A540459D

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Munki Win User

Microsoft Outlook Application Crash due to UCRTBASE.DLL

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook Application Crash due to UCRTBASE.DLL

1. Microsoft Outlook Application Crash due to UCRTBASE.DLL - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook Application

2. Steam Applications crashing due to KERNELBASE.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Applications crashing due to KERNELBASE.dll: Trying to launch Wallpaper Engine through Steam and yet I keep encountering the same error message:Wallpaper Engine crashed in the Windows System. Crash caused by: 'C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll' Error code: OxE0607363.Launching through wallpaper64.exe instead of steam...
  3. Steam Applications crashing due to KERNELBASE.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Applications crashing due to KERNELBASE.dll: Trying to launch Wallpaper Engine through Steam and yet I keep encountering the same error message:Wallpaper Engine crashed in the Windows System. Crash caused by: 'C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll' Error code: OxE0607363.Launching through wallpaper64.exe instead of steam...
  4. MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.9672, crashes my application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.9672, crashes my application: Hi support,Iam developing an app in C# and iam facing a problem trying to excecute an sql procedure based on Iseries DB2 server.Iam getting the above error. For your info till now i have not faced any problem running procedure from DB2. Do you have any suggestion ???Faulting...
  5. Application crashes due to ntdll.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application crashes due to ntdll.dll error: Please help me to find why application was crashed ? is it my application issue or .dll file? please support me know why application was crashed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-crashes-due-to-ntdlldll-error/176ca3d2-61a2-4ad1-bf0b-525850a28c15
  6. Games are crashing due to .dll files and BSOD ntfs.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games are crashing due to .dll files and BSOD ntfs.sys: Good day.How do I fix the ntfs.sys BSOD and games that are crashing due to .dll file errors?My PC is crashing due to ntfs.sys file and I don't know how to fix this. I've already updated all the drivers of my pc thru Snappy Driver Installer and did all the command prompt like...
  7. application crashes due to MSCTF.dll.

application crashes due to MSCTF.dll.: Faulting application name: TreatmentCard.exe, version: 15.1.5.11, time stamp: 0x60705babFaulting module name: MSCTF.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3930, time stamp: 0x5f4f2f24Exception code: 0xc000041dFault offset: 0x00031a7cFaulting process id: 0x710cFaulting application start...
  8. app crashes due to a dll file on the system

app crashes due to a dll file on the system: so im trying to play a game, right?, then in one exact part of the game it just crashes without advice or any type of warning or missing path, i go to event viewer, and see that it says that the faulting path is...
  9. app crashes due to a dll file on the system

app crashes due to a dll file on the system: so im trying to play a game, right?, then in one exact part of the game it just crashes without advice or any type of warning or missing path, i go to event viewer, and see that it says that the faulting path is...
  10. Fifa4launcher application crashes related to kernel32.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fifa4launcher application crashes related to kernel32.dll: I am experiencing Fifa4launcher appcrahes in my Windows 10 Pro laptop, I am working the following configuration: Laptop : Thinkpad t495 Windows 10 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 20H2. I was installed application from https://fo4.garena.vn/tai-game. when I run program...