Windows 10: Microsoft outlook data file

Discus and support Microsoft outlook data file in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi so i was messing around with the "Outlook Data file.pst" because well i was wondering if it was possible to truly back up all the emails that are in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SonofKane, Jan 25, 2019.

1. SonofKane Win User

Microsoft outlook data file

Hi so i was messing around with the "Outlook Data file.pst" because well i was wondering if it was possible to truly back up all the emails that are in my email. Like attachments and everything. No need to resync and i tried using the export function. It didnt' work out (still don't know how to)

But while doing this i somehow moved my Outlook Data File.pst.

And now it's stuck on my desktop. i found where the folder where it's meant to be (using google) and tried dragging it in. But then outlook can't find it and won't even launch. (Almost lost the file there and destroyed the app. I figured there'd be an option in the app to make a new pst file if u lose ur old one but nope, app won't even open)

anyways i was wondering how to put this file back. i'd rather not have it on my desktop and accidentally delete it. I honestly wouldn't even know how to fix it.

:)

SonofKane, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 25, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jan 25, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft outlook data file - Similar Threads - Microsoft outlook data

2. Outlook Data File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  3. What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365: W10 ver, 20H2 I have just switched from Outlook 2010 to 365 and am confused about the appearance of an folder named "Outlook Data File" and "Outook.Pst shown in Outlook. My original three .pst files are still there and Outlook seems to work just fine. Outlook Data File shows...
  4. Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened

Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened: I am failing to open Outlook. The following is the window that is coming out, The File. C:\Users\joemb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email protected] Cannot be opened. Then after closing the above window, the following is displayed, Cannot start Microsoft Outlook....
  5. My outlook data files are corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My outlook data files are corrupt: My outlook data files .pst and .ost are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-data-files-are-corrupt/84df28c2-a40c-4e7d-81d4-cba9416c9b3e
  6. Outlook Data File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Data File cannot be opened: Hi, I have a user running Office 365 Pro Plus version 16.0.11425.20244. Her Outlook gets the message below. I set her up with a new Outlook profile. In 3-4 days the same happens again. Below is a list of steps were have tried that were not successful. 1. I deleted and...
  7. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  8. Outlook Data File Size Limit

Outlook Data File Size Limit: I have a .pst file from Outlook 2003 that has reached its size limit of 2GB. If I import it into a newer version of Outlook will I be able to continue with that data file? If not, is there a way I can increase the size limit? Thanks. 121736
  9. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64
  10. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .

Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .: [img] Outlook is driving me crazy! Office 365 ProPlus got updated yesterday, and today it's giving me this stupid thing! It also doesn't seem to be collecting my emails for me. In fact, I tried to send an email from one of my accounts to another one and it told me I don't...