Windows 10: Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type

Discus and support Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change the Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type to .msg not Unicode .msg?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielKunkel1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type

How do I change the Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type to .msg not Unicode .msg?

:)

DanielKunkel1, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Victek Win User

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type

1. Microsoft outlook default "Save as" type - Similar Threads - Microsoft outlook default

2. MS Paint default file save type to JPG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint default file save type to JPG?: On Vista it's not an issue since it is set to JPG as a default. What about Windows 10?Otherwise, I need help to know if following intended for XP applies to Windows 10?1. Open a blank screen in Paint and save it as a .jpg in the location you want as your default with the name...
  3. default save location for different file types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default save location for different file types: when i download pictures from the internet on windows 10 they are downloaded to the downloads section in file explorer, im wondering if i can change it so when i download a picture it will go straight to the pictures folder...
  4. default save location for different file types

default save location for different file types: when i download pictures from the internet on windows 10 they are downloaded to the downloads section in file explorer, im wondering if i can change it so when i download a picture it will go straight to the pictures folder...
  5. default save location for different file types

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Change Default "Save as type" in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default "Save as type" in Windows Explorer: I do a lot of programming for school and as a hobby, and I use VS Code for most of my projects. When I make a new file and save it, I would like the default "Save as type" to be the "All files *.*" option, so I can manually type in the name and extension without it defaulting...
  7. Change Default "Save as type" in Windows Explorer

Change Default "Save as type" in Windows Explorer: I do a lot of programming for school and as a hobby, and I use VS Code for most of my projects. When I make a new file and save it, I would like the default "Save as type" to be the "All files *.*" option, so I can manually type in the name and extension without it defaulting...
  8. Changing 'File Save As Type' in outlook or windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing 'File Save As Type' in outlook or windows 10: I just upgraded Microsoft Edge and have now lost my ability to change any images sent to my outlook address from Jpeg to BitMap in the Save File As drop down box. The only options I have now to Save File Type As is now either Jpeg or All Files BitMap has disappeared So now I...
  9. Change default "Save as type"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default "Save as type": Whenever I'm saving changes made to a picture file it defaults to saving it as a jpeg. I never save anything as a jpeg because of it's lossy nature and always tend to save picture files as a png. Is there a way to make it so whenever I'm saving ANY kind of picture file that...
  10. Default folder for saving Outlook attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default folder for saving Outlook attachments: How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-folder-for-saving-outlook-attachments/30bfa635-da16-4722-b5b2-92ac35c9c2f1"