Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook email account

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook email account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I would like to know how I delete a outlook email account because it has been compromised 69247 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pastorhalliday1, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Microsoft Outlook email account

I would like to know how I delete a outlook email account because it has been compromised

:)

pastorhalliday1, Nov 7, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

Calendar Sync Windows Phone

With outlook, Hotmail, or live.com as the Microsoft account on the phone the calendar and contacts sync by default. I guessed you already had a outlook, Hotmail, or live.com account already setup as the Microsoft account.

Like I said, any email address can be used as the Microsoft account, like an email address from Comcast. It has no calendar, just email.

If you reset the phone, enter this email as the Microsoft account and then add the first outlook, Hotmail, or live.com account you have currently to the phone in settings, email+accounts, add account, Use the outlook add for any of these.

With this account you will still have you original account contacts and email. You will have the option to not sync the calendar to the phone.

You do not need another outlook account.

Even though these accounts come from Microsoft you should not think of them as the "Microsoft account" in settings, email+accounts. The entry in "Microsoft account" on your phone is the main account on your phone and is used in all phone features like app
    purchases.

garym123, Nov 7, 2016
  3. DNM
    dnm Win User
    How do I get rid of a continual pop up saying 'Exchange activesync policies broker' - it keeps coming up and wanting to 'change my computer'

My variant was a bit weird. I was trying to test "premium" outlook. In order to do that I read that you should have an outlook email address as Primary. As I had a non-outlook email as primary I reserved and added an outlook email as primary instead for
    that account. However I found out that it a) was only available in the USA b) will not work with two-level domain names. I noticed that the Microsoft Account now displayed the new outlook email address instead of the non-outlook. Also a new account appeared
    in the Microsoft Mail App for the new outlook email address. After a while the popups started (I did not connect the fiddling with Microsoft Account and the popups at the time). Fast forward a bit, after reading about changing from a Microsoft Account to a
    local account, I remembered the new outlook primary address. Also noticed a strange thing in Manage Accounts option for the Microsoft Mail App; the new outlook primary account was listed twice.

Well, I changed the non-outlook account to primary. Got a popup and accepted it. Then the popups stopped (fingers crossed) and the duplicate Mail account in Manage was removed.

4. Kari Win User

Microsoft Outlook email account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, select Security & Privacy:

Microsoft Outlook email account [​IMG]

Select More security settings:

If prompted for password, enter it. Browse to bottom of the page, select Close my account:

Be sure to read everything on next page before clicking Next:

Follow the rest of on-screen instructions to close your account.

Kari, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook email account

1. Microsoft Outlook email account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook email

2. Microsoft Outlook Account locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Outlook Account locked: I cannot get into my Microsoft Outlook account. I can see that there is an email there but cannot open the inbox. Has anyone else had this problem? Grateful for any help...
  3. trouble adding an email account to outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble adding an email account to outlook: I'm hitting a wall when I set up another email account on outlook. I go to Add Account in Outlook 2013 and type in a new email account information and it asks for the password that my internet service provides. I only have the WIFI Password. Is that the same thing?...
  4. Access to Outlook email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Outlook email account: Hi I tried to gain access to my outlook hotmail account. Password would not work. Tried quite a few times and in the end was informed I had tried too many times and needed to create a new email account. I need access to my email account. Microsoft sent questions to...
  5. Remove an alias email account from outlook.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove an alias email account from outlook.: I had an old email address which had been superseded when the ISP was taken over, and the address became an alias. I had some unwelcome spam on it so I had the ISP delete the address, however it still appears on the outlook screen. I am running Win 10, and MS Office 2010...
  6. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add an email account to Outlook: I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail...
  7. microsoft account is disconnected email

microsoft account is disconnected email: My Microsoft account is an email that no longer works & is disconnected. I accessed my Microsoft Account & tried to change it to my new email but all I was able to do is add the new email as a secondary. How can I change the Main email on record, which is no longer in...
  8. Suspicious email received from an Outlook account

Suspicious email received from an Outlook account: I received a suspicious email that appears to have been sent from an Outlook account. Here's the full header -- is there any way to determine the genuine originating IP address or any other information to unmask the identity of the person(s) who sent this? (I've redacted my...
  9. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  10. Email storage for windows live account and outlook.

in Browsers and Email
    Email storage for windows live account and outlook.: Please can you help? I use windows 10 on both laptop and desktop Pc. I have a microsoft login account and use Outlook (paid subscription) software. I would like to know for peace of mind if my emails are stored in my microsoft account or on each device when I log in? My...