Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook error pops up after every boot since CU update

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook error pops up after every boot since CU update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Every time I boot or reboot my computer I get this popup window. I have the correct mail app set up as default. Does anyone else have this problem. Any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jonnied12, May 9, 2017.

1. jonnied12 Win User

Microsoft Outlook error pops up after every boot since CU update

Every time I boot or reboot my computer I get this popup window. I have the correct mail app set up as default. Does anyone else have this problem. Any known fix?

:)

jonnied12, May 9, 2017

2. Permissions Issue re 'Shredding' files in 'Temporary Files' Folder

Hi,

This issue has only appeared after doing a 'clean install' of CU; it worked fine on the AU release AND after I had updated to CU using the 'in situ' process.

There was no error message or code displayed.

Step 1:

I run 'sfc /scannow' everyday; it has consistently reported -

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

since before updating to MS's CU update.

Step 2:

After performing a 'Clean Boot', I tried to shred the file as previously advised; the results were as initially reported.

Ian Mosley, May 9, 2017
  3. File explore pops up every time after boot

Hi,

Check these Forum Articles on how to post images :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/wiki/fdbk_commsite-fdbk_getstart/how-to-embed-images-on-microsoft-community/f74dac61-38d6-492e-8e71-286ab2645b2a

How to include a screenshot in your post

-------------------

Try a Repair Installation which allows you to keep the programs and data though redundant backups are always a good idea.

How to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 9, 2017
  4. Microsoft Outlook error pops up after every boot since CU update

Hi jonnied12.

Do you have Outlook 2016 installed from the Office suite or from Office 365. You need a real mail program as far as I know to set as default. (Includes Thunderbird, Eudora, Windows Live.)

What program have you got set for default?

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 10, 2017
  5. jonnied12 Win User
    I will try setting Windows Live mail as default and see if that resolves the problem. The first thing I did after starting up my new laptop was uninstall all office products. Thanks, I'll post results in a day or two.

jonnied12, May 11, 2017
  6. Myself I would not install Windows Live. It is off life support and as security increases at providers you will run into issues. I think people were also reporting suite wouldn't install on Creators, I may have issues combined. You can search, in the last two weeks we have posted links to the download as MS has removed.

If you want a free mail program that works well and has very few problems you could try Thunderbird. It's a Mozilla product.

Here is the announcement on Windows Essentials (Live and other products).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 11, 2017
  7. Well that could be the problem (uninstalling Office). Outlook was probably your default and when you uninstalled the default setting is still set for Outlook.

orlbuckeye, May 11, 2017
  8. jonnied12 Win User

I have a copy of Windows Essentials and only installed live mail until I resolve the error I am getting. I have my Suddenlink mail account set up in Outlook mail and it is working ok there so it will not be a problem to uninstall Windows Essentials live mail. I am aware of the end of support. Thanks for the info.

jonnied12, May 11, 2017
  9. jonnied12 Win User
    I think you are correct here. I have not found the solution though. The notice just pops up on occasion or after a reboot or start up. I'm all ears to resolve this. Thanks all. Keep throwing out the suggestions.

jonnied12, May 11, 2017
  10. When you get error I assume a more detailed description is be log in the Event Logs. Have you checked them for info?

Caledon Ken, May 12, 2017
  11. jonnied12 Win User
    I just spent 2 hours going through the event log from A to Z. Nothing found relating to this error that I could see.

jonnied12, May 13, 2017
  12. Don't understand that, it is an error. I found this article. I have not used or tested processes within.

I would suggest at an absolute minimum you create a restore point and I would create an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect.

All changes to registry carry some risk.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...ram-in-outlook

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 13, 2017
  13. jonnied12 Win User

The problem went away after running PatchCleaner and removing entries for MS office.

jonnied12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Outlook error pops up after every boot since CU update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook error

2. I have this error pop up at every boot... Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this error pop up at every boot... Please Help!: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '84480 bytes loaded from IECrashHandler,...
  3. I have this error pop up at every boot... Please Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have this error pop up at every boot... Please Help!: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '84480 bytes loaded from IECrashHandler,...
  4. I have this error pop up at every boot... Please Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  6. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop Up After Booting: When I boot my computer, at start up, there is a pop up asking to select an application to run software before I click on any application after signing in. It happens on each boot. It looks like it's trying to run a C++ or VCPP file... How do I stop this application from...
  7. Pop Up After Booting

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Outlook keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook keeps popping up: I was trying to google this issue but I just keep getting posts related to the login dialog popping up. So anyway Windows keeps switching my active window to Outlook's inbox for no reason at all. Anyone else experienced this? Most of the times it's while typing which is...
  9. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box: I turned on security defaults in Office 365. I have been able to log in on my phone with two factor auth. But myself and other users cannot log into the Outlook desktop app. When we launch Outlook, the Windows Security window pops up. You enter password. It goes away for a...
  10. Pop Ups after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pop Ups after update: I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 having issues after a certain number of Windows updates starting end of January.I am not able to access my Microsoft Store.I ran all diagnostic checks.Reset my laptop.Reset Networks and Microsoft Store.All this doesnt change the situation.I also keep...