Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi Brink, Iam using windows 10 Home version. My emails in outlook 2016 is to be indexed. My problem with indexing options is that Iam unable to modify... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Suraj Kallat, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options

Hi Brink,
    Iam using windows 10 Home version. My emails in outlook 2016 is to be indexed.
    My problem with indexing options is that Iam unable to modify and put the folder of Microsoft Outlook in to "Index these location" list. Earlier it was there as per below picture:

Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options [​IMG]

Earlier the indexing of mails was was working fine, Now this Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options.
    When tried to add by going to modify button so that my outlook 2016 mails can indexed for search again, Iam unable to find this MS outlook ( as marked in the picture ) when i go by the modify button to access it.
    I thought it got deleted, later went and checked the normal way by as per the target location of ms outlook i could find it.
    Please advise how to solve this, as without MS outlook in the "Index these location" list we will not be able to index emails right?

:)

Suraj Kallat, Aug 28, 2020
  2. twllax Win User

Outlook 2007 Index files missing

Hello. I need help your help with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 10. The problem is that the index files under search options are missing therefore not being able to index. I've tried below mentioned with no luck. Please help as I need to fix this asap. Thank you.

Rebuild Index
    Create a new profile/pst file
    Repair MS office
    Uninstall/reinstall Office
    Reset Windows 10

twllax, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Indexing local files and files stored on OneDrive for Business

Hi Tim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows 10 has a search indexing service that creates as index of all files in your Windows 10 that greatly improves look up speed. We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add folders to Indexing Options.

1. Open Indexing Options by searching for it in search bar.
    2. Click on Modify and choose the folders in the
      Change selected locations.
    3. Then click on OK and Windows will immediately start indexing the new folder.

If you still feel that the searching in Windows needs improvement, kindly provide you suggestions and feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or NO.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options

indexing Publisher files

Hi,

What do you mean when you say 'how can I change Publisher to the other filter ?'

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options

1. Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook file

2. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  3. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  4. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  6. Indexing - search problems on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Indexing - search problems on outlook: My search function on Outlook did not work properly. Seem not to perform the search properly. I rebuilt the indexing and then it was perfect. After a few weeks I experience the same problem. I did perform the rebuild again and its fine again. Do I miss something here. Must I...
  7. OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    OneNote2013 missing in indexing options (Win10-1903): Ever since updating to 1903 I'm discovering bits of stuff missing, for example, OneNote no longer appears in my list of index options... [ATTACH] ...and my search results are missing many of my OneNote notes. Any ideas on how to restore this. It used to look like this.....
  8. Outlook 2007 Index files missing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 Index files missing: Hello. I need help your help with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 10. The problem is that the index files under search options are missing therefore not being able to index. I've tried below mentioned with no luck. Please help as I need to fix this asap. Thank you. Rebuild...
  9. Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing: I recently installed Windows 10 on a computer containing 3 internal and 8 external hard drives. Although all the drives show up in Disk Management and File Explorer, one of the internal drives isn't listed under "Indexing Options" so I can't get the files indexed. Since I...
  10. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....