Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed"

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Performance Monitor shows this happening several times a week. Repeatedly.I don't find Microsoft Outlook among installed apps or programs.Is there some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grandpa Jim, May 26, 2022.

1. Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed"

Performance Monitor shows this happening several times a week. Repeatedly.I don't find Microsoft Outlook among installed apps or programs.Is there some way to either remove it from my system--or to prevent these "crashes"?From Performance Monitor:A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.14326.20970.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxOutlook.exe

:)

Grandpa Jim, May 26, 2022
  2. thuynh Win User

Outlook 2016 stops responding when I click on a new meeting invite

When I click on a meeting invite in Outlook 2016, it stops responding. I am not experiencing this issue in Office 365.
    What I've done so far:

1. Deleted user's OST.
    2. Deleted users mail profile.
    3. Repaired Microsoft Office.
    4. Disabled cache mode.
    5. Started outlook and safe mode.
    6. Removed Add-ins.
    7. Confirmed Windows up to date.

None of these fixed the issue.

Any further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

thuynh, May 26, 2022
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    Microsoft Outlook

Hi Jillian,

We would like to ask for more information so we could provide a proper resolution. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Outlook version are you using? Is it Outlook 2016?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue? Were there any changes made on your device prior to this?
    • May we know the exact error message? You can send us a screenshot for us to have a clearer view.

Meanwhile, let's try this solution. If Outlook stops responding at a screen that says "Processing," you can close Outlook, start it in safe mode, then close it and open it normally to fix the issue.
    In this way, we can isolate if the issue is related to an add-in.

Here are the steps on how to launch Outlook in safe mode:

• Click Start.
    • Type Outlook.exe /safe.
    • Press Enter.

Once you open Outlook in safe mode, just close the Outlook app right after, and then open it normally.

Let us know how it goes.

Kris Ver, May 26, 2022
  4. DPM2009 Win User

Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed"

Microsoft default Apps: "Stopped responding (and was closed)"

Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

The problem with error reports on non responding Apps is not new to me; Windows 8.1 had them too- a lot.

Apps are slow to start but do work and create an error report in the background, which can be found in the Reliability Monitor, reporting: "Stopped responding [and was closed]". Eventually, apps will start and work normally.

However, the problem persists in Windows 10. Apps include (not exhaustive):

• Store
    • Calculator
    • Film & TV
    • Weather
    • Money
    • Get Office
    Is this known and is there a way to fix this?

Cheers,

Dave

DPM2009, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed"

1. Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook Stopped

2. Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed: I am unsure, I found this within control panel, this same error was here 4 times. More infomation can be provided if need.SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎18/‎03/‎2023 00:19StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this...
  3. Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows Operating System stopped responding and was closed: I am unsure, I found this within control panel, this same error was here 4 times. More infomation can be provided if need.SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎18/‎03/‎2023 00:19StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this...
  4. Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed: I have been seeing this message innumerable times, for more than a year. I'd like to know why and how to stop it. It is surely relevant that I cannot find Microsoft Outlook on my computer, and that I have never installed Microsoft Office or any of its components. My word...
  5. Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed

Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed: I have been seeing this message innumerable times, for more than a year. I'd like to know why and how to stop it. It is surely relevant that I cannot find Microsoft Outlook on my computer, and that I have never installed Microsoft Office or any of its components. My word...
  6. Microsoft Outlook Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  8. Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed": Performance Monitor shows this happening several times a week. Repeatedly.I don't find Microsoft Outlook among installed apps or programs.Is there some way to either remove it from my system--or to prevent these "crashes"?From Performance Monitor:A problem caused this program...
  9. Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed"

Microsoft Outlook "Stopped responding and was closed": Performance Monitor shows this happening several times a week. Repeatedly.I don't find Microsoft Outlook among installed apps or programs.Is there some way to either remove it from my system--or to prevent these "crashes"?From Performance Monitor:A problem caused this program...
  10. Critical events: Microsoft Outlook stopped responding and was closed

Critical events: Microsoft Outlook stopped responding and was closed: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS 17763.379) a week ago, reliability monitor is showing multiple critical errors every day: Microsoft Outlook stopped responding and was closed. I normally use Windows 10 Mail app for mail. Per MS store, mail and calendar app...