Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook Unable to search files

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook Unable to search files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new laptop that I transferred contents of my prior laptop to. I was unable to search my emails in Outlook. I rebuilt the indexes several times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChuckBuss, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ChuckBuss Win User

Microsoft Outlook Unable to search files

I have a new laptop that I transferred contents of my prior laptop to. I was unable to search my emails in Outlook. I rebuilt the indexes several times and still get the same message that no files are found. What actions do I need to do next? Thank you! Chuck

:)

ChuckBuss, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 2, 2019
  3. kls17 Win User
    After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

I've run into what I think is this same issue, although I'm not completely certain that it coincides with a Windows 10 update. I set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro box, with Outlook 2013, and he found he was unable to search his PST files. We went through the whole standard list of troubleshooting search indexing options, including rebuilding the entire search index, without success. I also copied his PSTs to another system, and ran into the same issue, which eliminates disk errors, registry junk, and things unique to his machine. What finally worked for me were these steps:

1.In Outlook, go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    2. Uncheck "outlook" and the folder under your user where your PST files are located
    3. Close Outlook
    4. Give it a few minutes for processes to exit
    5. Restart Outlook
    6. Go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    7. Check the items you unchecked in step 2
    8. Select something in your PST file and click search to bring up the search window
    9. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools pulldown
    10. Perform your search.

After this I was able to search again using the quick search option at the top of the message list pane.

I suspect this toggled some internal switch in Outlook which the index rebuild didn't touch.

kls17, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft Outlook Unable to search files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook Unable to search files

1. Microsoft Outlook Unable to search files - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook Unable

2. Unable to search Outlook Emails by content keywords in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to search Outlook Emails by content keywords in Windows: I'm unable to search for specific Outlook emails by their content keywords using the Windows search function.I have saved several Outlook emails as .msg files in a local folder on my PC. However, when I try to search for emails containing certain keywords, such as "project...
  3. Unable to search Outlook Emails by content keywords in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to search Outlook Emails by content keywords in Windows: I'm unable to search for specific Outlook emails by their content keywords using the Windows search function.I have saved several Outlook emails as .msg files in a local folder on my PC. However, when I try to search for emails containing certain keywords, such as "project...
  4. Unable to Search File Contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Search File Contents: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC, I indexed a folder on my hard drive and changed the Search settings to search for the file contents. But when I do a test I am unable to search for words in text files. Screenshots attached. Please advise. Thank you in advance....
  5. Unable to Search File Contents

Unable to Search File Contents: Hello,On my Windows 10 PC, I indexed a folder on my hard drive and changed the Search settings to search for the file contents. But when I do a test I am unable to search for words in text files. Screenshots attached. Please advise. Thank you in advance....
  6. Unable to Search File Contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to search .py files using search in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to search .py files using search in file explorer: Hi, I added py to list of file types searched in advanced under File tab on Indexing Options. However, when I search for specific text I know is contained in python files, they are not returned in the search results. That same text in txt files is found. Indexing was...
  8. Unable to search .py files using search in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to search .py files using search in file explorer: Hi, I added py to list of file types searched in advanced under File tab on Indexing Options. However, when I search for specific text I know is contained in python files, they are not returned in the search results. That same text in txt files is found. Indexing was...
  9. Unable to search .py files using search in file explorer

10. Outlook Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Search: How do I turn on windows search in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search/63fe55d4-1c1b-46d3-8df8-f6ea5b19ec87

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft outlook unable to search