Windows 10: Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Discus and support Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turned on security defaults in Office 365. I have been able to log in on my phone with two factor auth. But myself and other users cannot log into... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mtyeager, Jul 25, 2020.

1. mtyeager Win User

Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

I turned on security defaults in Office 365. I have been able to log in on my phone with two factor auth. But myself and other users cannot log into the Outlook desktop app.

When we launch Outlook, the Windows Security window pops up. You enter password. It goes away for a short time, and then pops up again.

I looked in credentials manager, there aren't any credentials with outlook in the name.

:)

mtyeager, Jul 25, 2020

2. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Hi Kimberly,

There is a possibility that the stored credentials are not overwritten when Outlook triggers the authentication prompt even if you enable the Remember my credentials option.

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest that you remove all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Credential Manager.

Note If View by is set to Category, click User Accounts first, and then click Credential Manager

• Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word Outlook in the name.

Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Good morning,

This morning while at work I randomly received a "Windows Security - Microsoft Outlook" - Connecting to (then it asks for my user name and password) pop up box and now I cannot receive or send any emails from my computer. I have tried entering my user name
    and password, but nothing worked. I tried changing my password thinking this could be the problem, but I am still getting the box. Can you please help me? I need to be able to send and receive emails in order to work efficiently.

Thank you

Kimberly Warner, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

security and pop ups

Hi Robie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

- Do you get any error message, if yes what is the exact error message?

- When you say "blocked my security from McAfee ", what exactly happens?

- When exactly are you get the Pop ups?

Please let us know the update that has been installed before this issue.

To see which Windows updates are installed

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click View update history.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

1. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box - Similar Threads - Microsoft Outlook Security

2. Windows Security POP UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security POP UP: Hi,The following window constantly keeps appearing every so often on my screen and anytime I enter my pin it disappears and later pops up again.I am also signed out of all google accounts and cannot see the issue of why this appears, Our IT team took a look and could not fix...
  3. Black box popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black box popping up: I was creating an essay until this black box popped up. It was pure black. It wasn't a command or something since it didn't indicate what it was in the taskbar. Anyone care to help?...
  4. pop up box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pop up box: I have a pop up box continually appearing over whatever I am doing ,....C\:\windows\System32\cmd.exe I need to know how to stop this ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-box/93c55807-9786-4a82-a7b5-acfa7328ea45
  5. dialog box pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    dialog box pop up: I keep receiving a reminder 'googledrivesync.exe is downloading from OneDrive' with only button available to 'Cancel'. I have cancelled, dialogue disappears then same dialogue box returns within a few minutes. I have tried the following as suggested on these forums: I’d...
  6. Pop up Windows Security Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up Windows Security Microsoft Edge: On my PC running Windows 10, I have a popup. A loud message: do not shut down, On the screen there is a Box has Windows Security in small font, typed above Microsoft Edge. Below, the Microsoft Edge line, is The server 000226 gq is asking for your user name and password...
  7. Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials: For many years I am using a 3rd party indexing program (X1 Search). Everything is fine, but over the last couple of days, after launching both Outlook and X1, Windows Security pops up and requires me to enter credentials for X1. It is useless to enter the credentials: 1....
  8. Windows 10 pop up boxes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pop up boxes: Pop up boxes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pop-up-boxes/b81bb4f1-e50c-4187-a0e6-e1b2140b8d69
  9. Windows Security pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security pop up: Every time I start Outlook I get a window similar to the one below asking me to login to my Outlook.com account even though I have marked it to remember my credentials. This is then followed by the window below which keeps popping up every few minutes even after I log in....
  10. Pop up box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop up box: Hi I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 Windows 10 When I switched on yesterday went to setup homegroup but for some reason it told me there was a fault. So decided to select on the Network icon next to the Homegroup and another box came on screen asking me for a user name and...