Windows 10: Microsoft P3Q-00001 Monitor Sleep

Discus and support Microsoft P3Q-00001 Monitor Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a Microsoft P3Q-00001 for a 3rd monitor and it works fine. My other 2 displays are traditional desktop monitors. When I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sevich, Oct 1, 2020.

1. sevich Win User

Microsoft P3Q-00001 Monitor Sleep

Hello, I am using a Microsoft P3Q-00001 for a 3rd monitor and it works fine. My other 2 displays are traditional desktop monitors. When I don't have the P3Q-00001 connected, my monitors turn off after 10min of inactivity per the power plan, but with the P3Q-00001 connected, none of my monitors shut off during inactivity.

I can use the turn off monitor program here: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Gredion-Turn-Off-Monitor.shtml

And the turn off screen script here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Turn-off-screen-4d173e0a

Both of the above methods turn off all 3 monitors as they should, then when I move the mouse all 3 come back on including the P3Q-00001 which stays connected the whole time they are off. So the P3Q-00001 is capable of "sleeping" and turning back on, trying to figure out why it ignores the system power plan to turn the screen off and if anyone has any ideas for a workaround? Is there a registry key or some boolean value that flags that monitor to ignore power plan that I can flip? I'm guessing the P3Q-00001 puts the machine in presentation mode and need to work around that. For now I'll just use the technet turn off screen script and map it to a hotkey but I would like to just have this work as if it's any other monitor.

:)

sevich, Oct 1, 2020
  2. D-HOE Win User

Best version of Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter ?

Hi I am wanting to know what is the best version of the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/adapters/wireless-display-adapter-2/p3q-00001

I see this version is listed as P3Q-00001

Then I see

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/microsoft-wireless-display-adapter-v2-p3q-00020/6000197597625

Listed as

P3Q-00020

and then

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Micros...s-Display-Adapter-V2-Receiver/PRD2UAD903FZH0J

P3Q-00021

What is the difference between all these different versions? and which one is the best? Do any of them suppport 4K?

D-HOE, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft P3Q-00001 Wireless Display Adapter

Does the Wireless Display Adapter eliminate the need for the USB Upstream cable connection to the P/C? If so, will the hub in a Dell Monitor still function?

Paul_01_sc, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft P3Q-00001 Monitor Sleep

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft P3Q-00001 Monitor Sleep

1. Microsoft P3Q-00001 Monitor Sleep - Similar Threads - Microsoft P3Q 00001

2. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  3. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 P3Q-00020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 P3Q-00020: My Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 P3Q-00020 failed after a firmware update. It does not boot up and I cannot reset it with the reset button. It is only less than 4 months old. Can anyone help me? Is there anyway to connect to it and reload/update the firmware? Is...
  6. Microsoft P3Q-00001 Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft P3Q-00001 Wireless Display Adapter: Does the Wireless Display Adapter eliminate the need for the USB Upstream cable connection to the P/C? If so, will the hub in a Dell Monitor still function?...
  7. P3Q-00001 Microsoft Wireless Adaptor unable to re-connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    P3Q-00001 Microsoft Wireless Adaptor unable to re-connect: Dear all, Brought Microsoft Wireless Adaptor and updated the latest firmware. Linked with my Laptop (A) Win 10 and working fine. Disconnect and try on another Laptop (B) Win 10, failed. Thus followed the troubleshoot, disconnect the USB, re-connect. Now Laptop (B) is...
  8. No monitor sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No monitor sleep?: Simple problem: although my monitor is set to turn off after 10 minutes, it doesn't turn off. Any ideas why?? Nothing running else but what I had in W7... 16424
  9. Sleep on Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep on Monitor: Everytime I reboot my monitor says Monitor is going to sleep, then logo from Dell then boots, been doing this for a year, I use no sleep functions in power options, anyone know how to fix? 34569
  10. Monitors are sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are sleeping: Since reimaging my work laptop to 10 my monitors keep going to sleep. I have selected the performance plan and changed the monitor sleep timeout to 1 hour on both battery and AC. I've even checked through the advanced settings yet my monitors keep turning off after less than...