Windows 10: Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft announced plans some time ago to move some of Windows 10's applications to the Microsoft Store. It moved the popular plain text editing app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 9, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store

Microsoft announced plans some time ago to move some of Windows 10's applications to the Microsoft Store. It moved the popular plain text editing app Notepad to the Microsoft Store in 2019, and announced in 2017 that Microsoft Paint would be moved to the Store as well.

It took Microsoft four years since the initial announcement to move Microsoft Paint to the Microsoft Store.

With the release of a new Insider Build, version 21354, comes the confirmation that Microsoft has moved Microsoft Paint and the Snipping Tool to the Microsoft Store.

MSPaint is now updateable via the Microsoft Store outside major OS updates. It also has a new icon and has been promoted out of the Windows Accessories folder to its own place in the Start menu.

Snipping Tool is now updateable via the Microsoft Store outside major OS updates. It has been packaged together with Snip & Sketch so we can deliver updates for both at the same time. It has also been promoted out of the Windows Accessories folder to its own place in the Start menu.

Both applications can be updated separately in the future and pushed to user systems without having to wait for operating system updates to release the updates.

Both applications are no longer listed under Windows Accessories but as individual apps in the Start Menu.

In the case of the Snipping Tool, things are a bit more complicated, as Microsoft decided to combine Snip & Sketch and the Snipping Tool. Snip & Sketch is an upgraded version of the Snipping Tool; both apps may be installed on the Windows device, or only one of the apps.

For Insiders who have not installed Snip & Sketch, Snipping Tool will be removed after the installation of the latest build. Users need to install Snip & Sketch from the Store to get it back according to Microsoft.

Here are the links to the Microsoft Store:

Administrators who have uninstalled the applications may reinstall them through the Store. Paint is currently not available for download while Snip & Sketch can be downloaded already.

Paint won the fight against the newer Paint 3D application. New Windows 10 installations won't include Paint 3D anymore going forward.

Windows 10 users who don't use the Store won't receive the application updates as these are driven by the Store in the future. Feature updates may still update these applications when they are installed.

Now You: what is your take on Microsoft separating application updates from operating system updates?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 9, 2021

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Snipping tool is moving or being replaced?

So snipping tool is "moving" but i want to know if that means to Microsoft Store (like paint) or is being replaced by Snip And Sketch cause i dont want to say bye bye to snipping tool and i would like it to at least live on in Microsoft Store

Danny Eaton, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store

The King is Dead; Long Live the King - MS Paint's Announced Demise

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

dorsetknob, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store

1. Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Microsoft Paint Snipping

2. Microsoft store not oppening, and Photos, Snipping tool is not working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not oppening, and Photos, Snipping tool is not working.: Microsoft store is not opening on my Windows 10 device. When I click on the store nothing happens. Also, I reset the app from the setting but nothing happened. Also, the photo app, snip tool, email, calendar, clock, sticky note, and to-do list is not opening. some apps give...
  3. Microsoft store not oppening, and Photos, Snipping tool is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not oppening, and Photos, Snipping tool is not working.: Microsoft store is not opening on my Windows 10 device. When I click on the store nothing happens. Also, I reset the app from the setting but nothing happened. Also, the photo app, snip tool, email, calendar, clock, sticky note, and to-do list is not opening. some apps give...
  4. Microsoft store not oppening, and Photos, Snipping tool is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Install the Snipping Tool from the Microsoft Store

Can't Install the Snipping Tool from the Microsoft Store: Hello, I can't install the Snipping Tool app from the Microsoft Store. I tried to repair and reset the store from the settings and it just wouldn't work. I get this result 0x80080005. This code also appears in the Windows Update section in the settings. Please help. Thank...
  6. Can't Install the Snipping Tool from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install the Snipping Tool from the Microsoft Store: Hello, I can't install the Snipping Tool app from the Microsoft Store. I tried to repair and reset the store from the settings and it just wouldn't work. I get this result 0x80080005. This code also appears in the Windows Update section in the settings. Please help. Thank...
  7. Can't Install the Snipping Tool from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft Paint, Snipping Tool problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint, Snipping Tool problem: I can't open Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool anymore in Windows 11 since yesterday.All other Windows apps works except this two. I don't have Paint and Snipping Tool in Windows Store only Paint 3D....
  9. Microsoft Paint, Snipping Tool problem

Microsoft Paint, Snipping Tool problem: I can't open Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool anymore in Windows 11 since yesterday.All other Windows apps works except this two. I don't have Paint and Snipping Tool in Windows Store only Paint 3D....
  10. Keybind for Microsoft Snip tool

Keybind for Microsoft Snip tool: Is there a way to change the keybind to start the snip from the default to a custom one? I recently switched from Linux to Windows 10 and am disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. I don't mean how to create a shortcut or keybind that opens the program....