Windows 10: Microsoft Paint App update

Discus and support Microsoft Paint App update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason my Microsoft store keeps failing to update the Paint app. it gets to the installing phase and then says "Something happened on our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lcamer2, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Lcamer2 Win User

Microsoft Paint App update

For some reason my Microsoft store keeps failing to update the Paint app. it gets to the installing phase and then says "Something happened on our end", it has been doing this for the past five days. I have done the following troubleshooting:**Run the troubleshooterMicrosoft Paint App update :press Start then select Settings > Update & Security > TroubleshootClick Additional troubleshooters then select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.**Reset the Microsoft Store cachePress the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.NoteA blank Command Prompt window w

:)

Lcamer2, Feb 6, 2023

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Microsoft Paint features

Hi,

For us to better assist you with converting your pictures using Microsoft Paint app, please provide the following information:

• What is the current build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Just to clarify, which Microsoft Paint are you using? Is it the built-in Paint app or Paint 3D?
    • You've mentioned that you're not able to convert your pictures, are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • When did you start experiencing this issue? Were there any changes made or Windows update that was recently installed on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft Paint App update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Paint App

2. Microsoft Paint App update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Paint App update: For some reason my Microsoft store keeps failing to update the Paint app. it gets to the installing phase and then says "Something happened on our end", it has been doing this for the past five days. I have done the following troubleshooting:**Run the troubleshooter:Press...
  3. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint: Hello,some version of Microsoft Paint is installed on my computer, BUT when I click on an uploaded image, the PAINT TOOLBAR IS LIMITED TO SELECT, CROP, MAGIC SELECT!How do I get the complete selection on my Windows Paint?Please, help!Ignoramus...
  4. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint: My text options do not display in Microsoft Paint app. It used to display font, print size etc options to select. Now the text option only toggles text off and on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint/dc253f81-8026-4e1b-84cc-6db655b04171
  5. Microsoft Paint

Microsoft Paint: My text options do not display in Microsoft Paint app. It used to display font, print size etc options to select. Now the text option only toggles text off and on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-paint/dc253f81-8026-4e1b-84cc-6db655b04171
  6. paint app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paint app: Hello.Recently i have installed windows 11.I noticed that paint app isnot working.I open it but it freezes ana after a few seconds close.I can't edi a file or copy paste a screenshot with alt +prtscreen key...
  7. paint app

paint app: Hello.Recently i have installed windows 11.I noticed that paint app isnot working.I open it but it freezes ana after a few seconds close.I can't edi a file or copy paste a screenshot with alt +prtscreen key...
  8. Paint app

Paint app: SKEW command cobbled. I'm using Windows 10 and Office 365. The SKEW command is supposed to skew an object horizontally left or right and vertically up and down. Skewing right is accomplished by entering a positive number in the "horizontal" field. Skewing left used to happen...
  9. Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?

Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?: Dear everyone, With the lastest Windows 10 update, version 1903, the behavior of the paint app changes a little. 1. If you select a small area, e.g. 20 pixels by 20 pixels, and then try to move this area, the mouse cursor does not change to the...
  10. Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D

Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D: I really don't know what y'all did to break them, but since the last Windows 10 update, the select and crop functions in both Paint and Paint 3D are broken. I can't select a portion of the image without the selection box skittering across the screen, basically rendering the...