Windows 10: Microsoft Paint disappeared (I am unable to open it via context menu, search, Start Menu,...

Discus and support Microsoft Paint disappeared (I am unable to open it via context menu, search, Start Menu,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is super weird but I am not able to find MS Paint since today morning. Not seeing Paint in Windows Search or under accessories (Start Menu).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WPHero, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/WPHero Win User

Microsoft Paint disappeared (I am unable to open it via context menu, search, Start Menu,...

This is super weird but I am not able to find MS Paint since today morning.

• Not seeing Paint in Windows Search or under accessories (Start Menu).

• 'mspaint' in Windows Run doesn't work

• Paint option has also been removed from context menu.

• c:> mspaint in Command Prompt does nothing.

How is this even possible? I had installed KB4023057 yesterday and Paint was working, but it suddenly disappeared after I started my PC today morning.

submitted by /u/WPHero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WPHero, Feb 23, 2021

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Microsoft Paint disappeared (I am unable to open it via context menu, search, Start Menu,... :(

ArmoredCavalry, Feb 23, 2021
  3. How to add Paint to Start Menu

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Menu

• Type Paint

• Right click on paint

• Click on Pin to Start
    Check if it bring back MS Paint to start menu.

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Microsoft Paint disappeared (I am unable to open it via context menu, search, Start Menu,...

How to add Paint to Start Menu

Sinceregirl, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Paint disappeared (I am unable to open it via context menu, search, Start Menu,...

1. Microsoft Paint disappeared (I am unable to open it via context menu, search, Start Menu,... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Paint disappeared

2. "Open in Terminal" right click context menu is disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open in Terminal" right click context menu is disappeared: After the latest Windows Update KB5019980, the "Open In Terminal" context menu disappeared from the right click context menu even when I open it in explorer. Not only "Open In Terminal", but other programs like Powershell7, WinRAR and OneDrive also disappeared from there. How...
  3. "Open in Terminal" right click context menu is disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open in Terminal" right click context menu is disappeared: After the latest Windows Update KB5019980, the "Open In Terminal" context menu disappeared from the right click context menu even when I open it in explorer. Not only "Open In Terminal", but other programs like Powershell7, WinRAR and OneDrive also disappeared from there. How...
  4. Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu: Hi, I can't see anymore the window menu and the the search tool doesn'work anymore it does not let me type inCan you help? Paola https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-menu-disappeared-and-the-search-menu/56308d0f-bf08-47fd-8914-0b5744291f79
  5. Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu: Hi, I can't see anymore the window menu and the the search tool doesn'work anymore it does not let me type inCan you help? Paola https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-menu-disappeared-and-the-search-menu/56308d0f-bf08-47fd-8914-0b5744291f79
  6. Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Open Elevated Command Prompt via Context Menu ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Elevated Command Prompt via Context Menu ...: ... as the post title. My search here only found a tutorial for a 'standard' command prompt. -thx 167608
  8. SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOLUTION - Start menu disappears, start menu will not open [Solved]: PROBLEM STATEMENT: All of the sudden one day the Start Menu in Win 10 stopped working, clicking the button or pressing the Win key had no effect. After spending hours exploring all manner of weird and wonderful *hacks* on the Internets to no effect I have stumbled across...
  9. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu context menu on Windows 10: Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues. 1. I can't get rid of Open file location when...
  10. Start menu or search won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu or search won't open: I did a clean install of w10 from w7 a couple of months ago and everything has been running fine until about a week ago since when I've not been able open the start menue. Reading through other posts on line with the same problem has not provided a solution so far. I've ran...