Windows 10: Microsoft Paint & Image Bleeding

Discus and support Microsoft Paint & Image Bleeding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying to screenshot an image and edit it but it isn't working how I want it to. Whenever I take a screenshot (using Print Screen) and paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KyePerson, Nov 16, 2018.

1. KyePerson Win User

Microsoft Paint & Image Bleeding

I've been trying to screenshot an image and edit it but it isn't working how I want it to. Whenever I take a screenshot (using Print Screen) and paste it into MS paint all of the pixels of the image blend together. I pasted it into Photoshop and it suffered from the same problem so I know it isn't the program that's at fault (or maybe it is and both PS and MS Paint are causing the problem). What I specifically mean by blend together is that the colors are mixing at there borders. The best example I can describe is taking a screenshot of two colors of blue side by side and then ending up with a line in the middle that's a different shade from each blue. This effect is happening all over my image making it very difficult to fix manually. Anyways, is there anyway I can get around this? Is it because I'm using print screen? If it is, is there anything I could use besides print screen to screenshot my image?

P.S. I don't know what categories this falls under. If I'm on the wrong site for this kind of question, I apologies, but there should really be a Microsoft apps category or something.

:)

KyePerson, Nov 16, 2018

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Microsoft Paint & Image Bleeding

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Paint & Image Bleeding

1. Microsoft Paint & Image Bleeding - Similar Threads - Microsoft Paint Image

2. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  3. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  4. Copying Image to Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Image to Microsoft Paint: I currently use Microsoft Paint on a Microsoft Surface Pro 7. I use the Surface Pro while I am deployed overseas, my desktop is at home in the states. When I try copying an image from online and paste it into Paint, the image becomes like half the size of its original...
  5. Copying Image to Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying Image to Microsoft Paint: I currently use Microsoft Paint on a Microsoft Surface Pro 7. I use the Surface Pro while I am deployed overseas, my desktop is at home in the states. When I try copying an image from online and paste it into Paint, the image becomes like half the size of its original...
  6. Copying Image to Microsoft Paint

7. Copyright Paint images

Copyright Paint images: Hi, I have made a pattern using mostly 2D and some 3D objects using Paint 3D. Most objects are copied and resized and placed at different angles and have been coloured. Some have been joined to create new images as part of the pattern. Would using this pattern on a commercial...
  8. Paint 3D image

Paint 3D image: Hello. I would like to know if it is OK for me to use this Paint 3D image in this sign I made with paint on my website? https://bushgum.com/self-led-games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-image/80e8a557-abf3-4cf5-8093-01021dbba277
  9. Lost An Image On Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost An Image On Paint: Hello, I have been working on a drawing in paint for some time now and I have been making sure to manually save it whenever I make progress. Last night I saved once more and closed my laptop, but I did not shut it down. This morning when I went to continue working on it the...
  10. Pasting image into Paint

Pasting image into Paint: After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard into Word document - pasts normal. I have been using Paint for 15 years every day, and only recently I ran into this problem....