Windows 10: Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements

Discus and support Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Paint is dead? Not really. Microsoft tried to establish a reworked version of Microsoft Paint called Paint 3D on Windows 10 to replace the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 16, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements

Microsoft Paint is dead? Not really. Microsoft tried to establish a reworked version of Microsoft Paint called Paint 3D on Windows 10 to replace the then-deprecated Microsoft Paint eventually.

The company removed the deprecation status from Microsoft Paint recently again. Yesterday, Microsoft revealed that it added new keyboard accessibility options to the classic Paint application. These allow users to run actions using keyboard shortcuts.

Microsoft Paint supports keyboard shortcuts for certain functions already: use Ctrl+ or Ctrl- to change the brush size, Ctrl-W to resize and skew, or Ctrl-F to display the File menu.

The new set of shortcuts gives users full control over Paint's functionality. In other words, it is possible to use only the keyboard in Microsoft Paint going forward.

Microsoft plans to introduce the changes in the upcoming May 2019 Update for Windows 10. The roll out of the feature update for Windows 10 starts at the end of May 2019 if Microsoft does not change the schedule.

Microsoft Paint keyboard shortcuts

Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements microsoft-paint-keyboard.png

The following keyboard shortcuts have been added:

• Arrow keys: move the cursor onscreen.
    • Ctrl + Arrow keys: scroll the canvas
    • Space Bar: activate the tool.
    • Space Bar + Arrow keys: select part of the canvas. Also Shape Controls.
    • Tab (on selection): cycle through 9 control points.
    • Shift + Tab (on selection): cycle in clockwise order.
    • Arrow keys (selection): modify the control point
    • Ctrl + Space (manipulating selection): commit the operation.
    • Esc (manipulating selection): cancel the operation.

Microsoft notes that Paint users may use the image editor using the keyboard only. The company published an image on the Insider Blog that has been created using the keyboard only.

The new keyboard shortcuts to control Microsoft Paint with the keyboard are accessibility improvements that will benefit users who don't use a mouse. Microsoft notes that it made improvements "to the way Paint interacts with Screen Readers" as well which highlights this further.

Closing Words

The update shows that Microsoft Paint is not dead yet; that is good news for users of the program who prefer it over the new Paint 3D application or third-party applications. Whether that means that Microsoft Paint will remain a part of Windows 10 going forward remains to be seen.

I think it is possible that Microsoft had a change of heart and made the decision to keep Paint around.

Now You: Do you use Paint? (via Deskmodder)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 16, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, May 16, 2019
  3. The King is Dead; Long Live the King - MS Paint's Announced Demise

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

dorsetknob, May 16, 2019
  4. Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements

MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements

1. Microsoft Paint is not dead, gets keyboard accessibility improvements - Similar Threads - Microsoft Paint dead

2. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake": I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again....
  3. Microsoft improving DevTools accessibility in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improving DevTools accessibility in Microsoft Edge: More than ever, web developers are recognizing that the web must be accessible and inclusive in order to create great experiences for everyone. Nearly half of computer users in the US also use some form of assistive technology (AT). Users of AT may have physical or cognitive...
  4. keyboard not getting accessed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not getting accessed: anyone can help me as I am not able to use external keyboard suddenly now I am using screen keyboard for my surface pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-getting-accessed/6de7a8e7-fdc7-4412-861d-ccc3d6ce37ed
  5. Dead Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dead Keyboard: I spilled water on my keyboard and of course it is now dead. Would attaching an external keyboard work in allowing me to access all my 'stuff' which I cant access. now. TUVM...
  6. Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D: I really don't know what y'all did to break them, but since the last Windows 10 update, the select and crop functions in both Paint and Paint 3D are broken. I can't select a portion of the image without the selection box skittering across the screen, basically rendering the...
  7. Microsoft’s Paint 3D app for Windows 10 updated with new improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Paint 3D app for Windows 10 updated with new improvements: Microsoft today pushed out a new update for its Paint 3D app for Windows 10 users. The latest update pushes the app to version 4.1805.15037.0 and it comes with minor improvements. Users of the Paint 3D app will now see a new reveal effect on the ribbon display icons. The...
  8. Keyboard dead during bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard dead during bootup: I'm trying to replace my old Dell keyboard with a G.Skill Ripjaws gaming keyboard. Unfortunately, it only works after the system boots up, which means I can't use function keys at bootup. I've written to G.Skill already. But just in case this problem is not a glitch in...
  9. Improving Skype accessibility

in Windows 10 News
    Improving Skype accessibility: Across Microsoft, we are working to make technology more accessible and empower people to achieve more. We take feedback very seriously and are grateful to our active accessibility community who point us to areas of improvement. Following recent updates to Skype, your...
  10. Accessibility improvements in EdgeHTML 15

in Windows 10 News
    Accessibility improvements in EdgeHTML 15: In last year’s Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we introduced a new architecture for web accessibility, enabling a more accessible web with Microsoft Edge. With this dramatically improved foundation, we’ve been hard at work improving the experience even more in EdgeHTML 15 and...