Windows 10: Microsoft Paint won't open in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Paint won't open in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using MS Paint on my PC with Windows 10 for several years without any issues, but as of today 11.04.21, the program has stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RHaines2, Apr 10, 2021.

1. RHaines2 Win User

Microsoft Paint won't open in Windows 10

Hi,

I have been using MS Paint on my PC with Windows 10 for several years without any issues, but as of today 11.04.21, the program has stopped opening at all. However I try to open the program, nothing happens. I don't get any error messages at all.

Please advise.

:)

RHaines2, Apr 10, 2021

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Apr 10, 2021
  3. The King is Dead; Long Live the King - MS Paint's Announced Demise

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

dorsetknob, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Microsoft Paint won't open in Windows 10

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Paint won't open in Windows 10

1. Microsoft Paint won't open in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Paint won't

2. Paint 3d won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d won't open: Paint 3D won't open at all for me.I've tried reinstalling it,I've checked for updates but nothing is working and the same thing has happened to my friends Paint 3D as well. We don't want to restart them because it says that it will delete all our creations and we don't want...
  3. Paint 3d won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d won't open: Paint 3D won't open at all for me.I've tried reinstalling it,I've checked for updates but nothing is working and the same thing has happened to my friends Paint 3D as well. We don't want to restart them because it says that it will delete all our creations and we don't want...
  4. Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??

Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??: Paint 3D and MS Store won't even open for a second, and other apps open for a split second and then close themselves. Regulars Paint works, but trying to open something in Paint 3D with it says I need to install something? Help....
  5. Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d, Microsoft Store, and other apps won't open??: Paint 3D and MS Store won't even open for a second, and other apps open for a split second and then close themselves. Regulars Paint works, but trying to open something in Paint 3D with it says I need to install something? Help....
  6. Paint 3D won't open.

Paint 3D won't open.: I was using paint 3Dand There was a glitch and I managed to add an extra custom colour, and then it crashed and now every time I try to open it the app shows the loading screen and then it closes the app....
  7. 3D Paint won't open a project

3D Paint won't open a project: I've been using the 3D Paint app for a project, but after I saved it to work on it later, it would not allow me to open it. It comes up with the message, 'Can't read that file', 'Something went wrong.' This pops up for two of my files in the app, but not for all of my files...
  8. Paint 3D won't open saved project.

Paint 3D won't open saved project.: I want to recover a paint 3d project that will no longer open. Can anyone open the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-wont-open-saved-project/d83ac2d3-c13d-42b6-9a28-e3caef599851
  9. MS Paint won't open?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Paint won't open?!: A day or two ago I discovered that MS Paint (not Paint 3D) will no longer open. I've tried double-clicking on images, on the shortcut in the Taskbar, on the icon under WINDOWS > system32 -- you name it. I've tried editing the registry as per the page below, and looking under...
  10. Paint 3D, window won't open

Paint 3D, window won't open: Hey, I have several Paint 3D windows open with different parts of my project open. Some I can click on and open without any issue, but others won't. I can hover over it and the correct screen is shown, but when I click on it the screen reverts to the last screen I was...