Windows 10: Microsoft Password account

Discus and support Microsoft Password account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, Hi! I always had a specific number pin that I used to log into my computer. I use windows on my computer mostly for Microsoft teams and my Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CamiPotter, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft Password account

So, Hi!

I always had a specific number pin that I used to log into my computer. I use windows on my computer mostly for Microsoft teams and my Xbox account, but for whatever reason when I logged in today it said that my "organization" required me to change my password. My old one wasn't working and the only one that worked was my Microsoft password. When I tried to change it back to my original pin, I had to log into my Microsoft account and change my Microsoft password, which I don't want to do. What happened, and how do I make my computer pin separate from my Microsoft account?

:)

CamiPotter, Oct 4, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft Password account

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Password account

1. Microsoft Password account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Password account

2. Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account password: I had to have my desktop repaired a while back and when it came back from repair when I turned it on Windows 10 loaded with a guest account requiring no sign in. When I tried to log into my Microsoft account it said the password was incorrect. I reset my password and logged...
  3. Microsoft Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Password: I'm trying to find my password for signing into Microsoft. I have the password saved in my password manager so I can always sign in. I don't want to change my password but need to just find out/recall my password. Tried all the passwords I've used from my password manager and...
  4. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Password: This is a VERY detailed version of my question, a simplified version will be below this1. I made a microsoft account using my secondary email2. I used my microsoft accounts in various places, including this device, for sign in features, etc.3. Because of some difficulties, my...
  5. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Account Password: When my computer ASUs Desktop with Windows 10 64bit restarted after installing a Microsoft update I entered my pin in the usual way , and after a few minutes delay received an on screen message which said something like "we are unable to book you in to your account" I was...
  6. Microsoft Account Password

Microsoft Account Password: i changed the sign in password the "sign in with your account's password, your account is all set up to sign into windows, apps and services" then the change at the bottom, and it work locally, but it says my password is wrong whenever i try to sign into other websites with...
  7. Microsoft Account Passwords

Microsoft Account Passwords: I have multiple home computers using MS Windows. Recently, I am going in circles with what is referred to as my Windows password for the user name I use for all of these computers and have always used for thirty years. I can't seem to get the password set the same for all the...
  8. Password to Microsoft account

Password to Microsoft account: After having my computer serviced, I decided to change the password to log in. I wonder if I have to change the password on email @outlook.com or on the computer. And one more question, if I change the password online in the email, will it be a new Windows password?...
  9. Microsoft Account Password

Microsoft Account Password: I switched to use a local account om my PC, but I want to go back to the administrator account. I am asked to sign in which I can do so far and then it asks for my Windows password, (not my Microsoft account password) and I have no idea what it is. Is there a workaround, or...
  10. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Password: Is there a way to force an user to change their Microsoft Account password at next logon? 98260