Windows 10: Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

Discus and support Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This day morning i tried to login a microsoft account into my laptop but its the same with the one i`m using same account but one login using email and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LotusBlahBlah, May 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

This day morning i tried to login a microsoft account into my laptop but its the same with the one i`m using same account but one login using email and one login using phone number to change my account type . When i finished the job i want to do , i want to change back my account type but i cant , in task "Do you want this app to make change on your device?" , its said "to continue , enter a admin user name or password" , i can`t see any option to choose or write my username , only 1 box to write my password . i wrote a right password , but its said : "your username or password is incorrect"

I tried to login twice , tried to change my password from another device but still cant login with same problem . I cant even change any setting like turning off my touchpad , reset my computer , download any app . I`m really dont know what to do now , please help me with this bug . I cant go out because of Covid-19

My english is not so good , thanks for support and listen to me !

:)

LotusBlahBlah, May 4, 2020

2. Username or password incorrect

I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10.

Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect" [​IMG]

Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message

I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has been entered at this stage.
    Pressing OK, or waiting 2 minutes results in this screen

Entering the PIN or password from the sign-in option continues the login process.
    Apart from starting again from scratch, any ideas on how to correct this.

WightWalker, May 4, 2020
  3. Incorrect Password with correct password!

So this is new. I refreshed my PC due to some odd issues and relinstalled some needed drivers. One being for my Netgear A6210 (which has been giving me troubles in the past like failing to connect to the network when waking up from sleep).

So my A6210 has no issue connecting to my 2.4Ghz network but now (which it didn't used to do before) it tells me my password for my 5G network is incorrect even though I know for a fact it is correct. My phone at the same distance as my wireless adapter connect to the 5G network with the same pass. I even changed the pass and had my phone connect to it again but the A6210 just fails to accept the pass. Windows just keeps telling me its incorrect.

I couldn't find much searching the web on this. Most say to reset router but the router is ok (since my phone can connect). I tried re installing the driver for it but issue persists.

To make sure it isn't some keyboard fault I copy the password exactly as it is set in the router's wireless setting page and paste it when it asks for the key.

AphexDreamer, May 4, 2020
  4. Hobartian Win User

Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

The Username or password in incorrect. Try Again

I think the problem has been resolved.

After unticking the box in netplwiz there is a request to enter a username and password.

I was entering the correct username but I was entering my pin number instead of my Microsoft password.

When I switched to the Microsoft password the computer now starts without any error messages.

Thanks Brink for your help.

Hobartian, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect"

1. Microsoft password correct but "your username or password is incorrect" - Similar Threads - Microsoft password correct

2. Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct: I'm unable to sign in to Microsoft account, says password is incorrect. I changed the password and it is still showing as incorrect. As a result I am unable to unlock my laptop. Help!!...
  3. Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in to Microsoft account gives incorrect password error but password is correct: I'm unable to sign in to Microsoft account, says password is incorrect. I changed the password and it is still showing as incorrect. As a result I am unable to unlock my laptop. Help!!...
  4. The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.: Error message on startup at login: the username or password is incorrect. try again. This happens on two machines, one being the replacement for the other which will be restored and moved to a different location. The default user shown on startup is not and has never been...
  5. "Incorrect Password" when given correct password

"Incorrect Password" when given correct password: I've been having this problem for about five hours now and am getting increasingly frustrated. I left my computer on sleep as I usually do for a few hours and came back to log in and was told it was incorrect. I've restarted my computer a dozen or so times, put it in safe...
  6. "Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password"

"Please sign in with your Microsoft username and password": Wouldn't that be lovely. To have a Microsoft username and password. One that worked with everything Microcoft, a universal passport to all Microsoft services. Instead, we are stuck with at least two. An Azure and a Windows, never the Twain shall meet, distinct and...
  7. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password": Hi hi, I recently had my computer (An Acer Aspire E5-576) blue screen (Critical Process Died error) and ever since then I haven't been able to log in to my computer when it starts. I had used a pin number before but after the crash it will only let me enter a password,...
  8. Strange variation on The username or password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange variation on The username or password is incorrect": I recently changed my computer's name and now get "The username or password is incorrect" on startup. Note that if I change the name back to the earlier name the problem goes away, so the name changing appears to be the cause. More detail:- With the new name, when I...
  9. The Username or password in incorrect. Try Again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The Username or password in incorrect. Try Again: The installation of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my PC is only a couple of months old and was going fine until I decided I didn't need a Login password and unticked the relevant box in User Accounts. Now when I start the computer I get the following message on the startup...
  10. Username or password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username or password incorrect: I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10. [img] Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message [img] I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has...