Windows 10: Microsoft password email/laptop

Discus and support Microsoft password email/laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I set up my laptop with my hotmail account. It’s been years since I’ve got in it and have since changed my hotmail password. Now I can’t login to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kerri F, May 29, 2023.

1. Kerri F Win User

Microsoft password email/laptop

I set up my laptop with my hotmail account. It’s been years since I’ve got in it and have since changed my hotmail password. Now I can’t login to my laptop as it’s telling me pc is logged out enter last password used to login. What are my options??

:)

Kerri F, May 29, 2023
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, May 29, 2023
  4. Microsoft password email/laptop

Laptop password

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your laptop's password, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using a local or an administrator account?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If your email address ends in outlook.com, hotmail.com,
    live.com, or another Microsoft service, changing the password for your Microsoft account also changes it for that email service. However, you can use any email address for your Microsoft account, even an email address from a third-party web-based
    mail service. When you choose a password for your Microsoft account, it doesn't change the password you might need to use to sign in to web mail on a third-party site.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft password email/laptop

1. Microsoft password email/laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft password email

2. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed: This morning I attempted to log onto my computer and I was signed out of all my Microsoft applications. Instead of showing my regular email, it shows fa***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I checked my email and it shows where they changed my email and password,...
  3. Microsoft password email/laptop

Microsoft password email/laptop: I set up my laptop with my hotmail account. It’s been years since I’ve got in it and have since changed my hotmail password. Now I can’t login to my laptop as it’s telling me pc is logged out enter last password used to login. What are my options??...
  4. Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed: So one of these days i was going to play minecraft and i couldnt log in in my account , saying that the outlook email i always used to log in *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont exist. Thats when i realized that the account was hacked somehow. Ive been trying to...
  5. Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed

Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed: So one of these days i was going to play minecraft and i couldnt log in in my account , saying that the outlook email i always used to log in *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont exist. Thats when i realized that the account was hacked somehow. Ive been trying to...
  6. email passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email passwords: Everyday, My email accounts show that they are out of date. I fix them only to see the same message the next day. If I ignor the messages, will I still receive my emails in a timely manner?...
  7. Microsoft credentials and email password confirmation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft credentials and email password confirmation: I have suddenly started to get requests to supply password for my microsoft account and email accounts over the last couple of days with no apparent change to any settings?...
  8. Microsoft Password Email Address Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Password Email Address Change: I have many files and folders on onedrive. I would like to change eventually delete my primary alias. I intend on creating a second alias and make that my primary before eventually deleting my original primary alias. With that being said, I surely do not want to lose and...
  9. email password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    email password: Hello... I have been trying to set up my iris scanner on my windows 10 phone... I was able to get through it except at the end where I set up a secondary pin code.. This requires me to put in the password to an email address that I don't use anymore and I forgot my password.....
  10. email password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email password: I am dumbfounded ???? I tried to get my outlook account back and the questions I was asked by MS, I was answering the questions from my data in my email account. MS said the answer wasn't right. I cant understand??? That is total BS. I had numerous times to regain access...