Windows 10: Microsoft Password vs Windows Password

Discus and support Microsoft Password vs Windows Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to sign in on another Win 10 PC under Settings>Accounts. It shows I have a local account and I chose the option to sign in with my MS... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JeffA Warner, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Microsoft Password vs Windows Password

I am trying to sign in on another Win 10 PC under Settings>Accounts. It shows I have a local account and I chose the option to sign in with my MS password, which I use for all things Microsoft. Hence, I entered my username/password MS and the dialog box asked me to sign into my computer using my MS account. It then says it needs my Windows password one more time. I assumed it to be the same as my MS password, but it came up incorrect. I didn't even know that I had a Windows password. How do I get over this hurdle? I do not wish to change my MS password if at all possible.

:)

JeffA Warner, Jan 12, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Microsoft Password vs Windows Password

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Password vs Windows Password

1. Microsoft Password vs Windows Password - Similar Threads - Microsoft Password Password

2. pin vs. password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin vs. password: I have set a pin and a password as a sign in option but I cant use the password option, How can I make the password the option instead of the pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-vs-password/cc78b28d-5b4c-4d34-81b4-779117aa11e0
  3. Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft password: I use Outlook for Email but for some reason for the last few weeks I recieve a message "Your Outlook settings are out of date"with a button to update settings.I click the button and it asks for my Microsoft password which I insert,I then get the message "Your settings are up...
  4. Microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft password: For 3 consecutive days when opening my email programme I`ve had the message "Your account is out of date,please click on update account".When I do this it asks me for my Microsoft password which I enter,I then get "Your account is now up to date". Why 3 times?...
  5. Windows forgot pin vs password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows forgot pin vs password: I have been using a PIN in Win 10. After going into safe mode then coming back, it started asking for a password and not a PIN. I don't know how to login now....
  6. Microsoft password

Microsoft password: Good Day1 I just installed Windows 10 into a new computer. I want to change the "Account Sing-In" to my Microsoft Account. It says I need to put in my current Windows password one last time. Where do I get this? It is not recognizing my Microsoft password. Thanks....
  7. microsoft password

microsoft password: I just notice after trying to log in into my office computer I left a number off the email I set it up with now I can not get into my computer and it is not taking my password ..can anybody help...
  8. Microsoft password

Microsoft password: Need to find my Microsoft password for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-password/7c1341fd-bc67-47fe-affc-b43928c5eddb
  9. Windows password....not Microsoft password.

Windows password....not Microsoft password.: How can I find my Windows password? I need it to set up Windows Defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-passwordnot-microsoft-password/0bc575b1-1f79-4c3d-88b1-d540fe2c0b15"
  10. Microsoft Password

Microsoft Password: How do i bypass a microsoft account password locked computer, The pc password is entered and the device is saying that it needs to also enter the last password entered on the device....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is my microsoft password same as windows sign in password