Windows 10: Microsoft pauses preview builds to keep Windows 10 redesign a secret

Discus and support Microsoft pauses preview builds to keep Windows 10 redesign a secret in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10’s long-rumoured Sun Valley Update, which is being referred to in the press as “Windows 11”, will be announced on June 24. In multiple job... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 8, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft pauses preview builds to keep Windows 10 redesign a secret

Windows 10’s long-rumoured Sun Valley Update, which is being referred to in the press as “Windows 11”, will be announced on June 24. In multiple job listings, Microsoft confirmed that it’s on a multi-year journey to “revolutionize” the Windows user experience and the upcoming update will bring significant changes to the platform.

We’re already expecting big things from the Sun Valley update which is expected to land in the preview channels later this month and ship to a mainstream audience in the fall.

Ahead of the Sun Valley update announcement, Microsoft has decided to test the “servicing pipeline” for the Windows Insider Program and release cumulative updates, as opposed to full-fledged preview builds with new features. Today, a new Build 21390.1000 has been released to the Dev channel and it’s a cumulative update with no features or changes.

Microsoft officials said that they need to test cumulative updates to address bugs on pre-release builds, and it’s a normal process.

“There are differences in testing LCUs on top of LCUs for released versions of Windows 10 and then testing it, finding bugs, fixing bugs, on pre-release builds of Windows 10,” wrote, Brandon LeBlanc, senior program manager at the Windows Insider program.

In addition, Microsoft explained they also need to test the “servicing pipeline” to discover and address potentials bugs in their own system before delivering the actual preview builds.

“The system in which we deliver updates (the servicing pipeline) on top of pre-release builds needs to be tested. It’s not just about bugs in the build, it’s about bugs in the system we use to apply these updates on the builds,” he added.

Microsoft is preparing preview builds with actual Sun Valley features

Microsoft’s decision to pause the release of preview builds suggests that the company is busy moving codes internally and merging the Sun Valley features, which were stripped out of the preview builds, back into the Dev Channel.

There won’t be any new builds until June 24 and it absolutely makes sense to pause the rollout of preview builds. That’s because Microsoft is holding back the “Sun Valley” design so it can surprise consumers with a complete makeover of Windows at the event.

Unlike the previous Windows releases, Windows Sun Valley (Windows 11?) UI overhaul will be felt across the entire desktop experience, from the Windows Settings through to the Start menu, and pretty much every popular component in-between.

We have already confirmed that Microsoft has been testing elements of Windows 10X for Windows 11 / Sun Valley features, such as the Action Center and Start Menu.

The post Microsoft pauses preview builds to keep Windows 10 redesign a secret appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 8, 2021

2. Microsoft redesigning windows 10?

Hello So i just saw a preview for windows 10's redesigning. Is it true that microsoft is reimaging how windows 10 looks? Thanks

Clayton Green, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Microsoft redesigning windows 10?

Well i saw a preview stating that windows will be redesigning the windows 10

Clayton Green, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft pauses preview builds to keep Windows 10 redesign a secret - Similar Threads - Microsoft pauses preview

2. Windows redesign

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows redesign: Please note: The design was made before seeing a leaked version of windows 11, all of the ideas below were genuine ideas, mixed with the notion that MS was going with rounded corners in the next version of the OS, every thing else, was based off my personal preferences,...
  3. Windows 10 redesign

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 redesign: The Sun Valley update brings me lots of excitement, but but what I'm wondering is, when will Microsoft fully implement Fluent Design? The old GUIs, like File Explorer and the context menu, really need to be redesigned with Fluent Design, but I don't think it's coming with the...
  4. Microsoft Redesign Windows 10 This PC properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Redesign Windows 10 This PC properties: Hi Everyone, please advise me and help me . Before this recent Windows 10 Update, i used to follows these steps to see my properties of PC Step 1 [ATTACH] Step 2 [ATTACH] AFTER WINDOWS 10 RECENT UPDATE: when I click step1 : This step 3 shows up and i don't like...
  5. Microsoft redesigns the search!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft redesigns the search!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bugdroid_5167 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jo2zj9/microsoft_redesigns_the_search/
  6. Latest Windows 10 Insider build features the redesigned Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 Insider build features the redesigned Start menu: Microsoft released a new preview build of Windows 10 to the Insider channel on July 1, 2020. The new build features the previously announced redesign of the Windows 10 Start menu. The new Start menu is theme-aware according to Microsoft. Windows 10 testers may notice several...
  7. Windows 10 redesign icons

Windows 10 redesign icons: Hi. My computer recently updated and It has updated some of the icons. Why arent the icons are all updated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-redesign-icons/25a638c7-6001-49de-be94-ac25d17e563f
  8. Microsoft redesigning windows 10?

Microsoft redesigning windows 10?: Hello So i just saw a preview for windows 10's redesigning. Is it true that microsoft is reimaging how windows 10 looks? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-redesigning-windows-10/4f3b4f33-75f0-4a19-ba34-74ce853e9fb9
  9. Microsoft releases Secret Management Preview 2 module for PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases Secret Management Preview 2 module for PowerShell: We are excited to release a second preview of the Secret Management Module. Thanks to the tremendous feedback we received from the first preview release of this module, you will notice a number of breaking changes to the module. This release is still a preview release meaning...
  10. Windows Preview build .. ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Preview build .. ?: Hello all I just check windows update and found this : [img] What is windows preview ? ..should I uninstall it ..? Thanks . 16939