Windows 10: Microsoft PC Protection Plan

Discus and support Microsoft PC Protection Plan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Sept. 2018, I called a number to connect my echo dot (with my laptop, because I don't have a smart phone) and the Rep said that my PC wasn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SuziGinter, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Microsoft PC Protection Plan

In Sept. 2018, I called a number to connect my echo dot (with my laptop, because I don't have a smart phone) and the Rep said that my PC wasn't protected, but he could sell me a 5 yr or lifetime PC protection thru Microsoft, that he was a third party, so after being afraid of what I was told could happen, I bought the lifetime. Does Microsoft sell a lifetime PC protection for $399.00? This has been several months ago, today I bought a new Arris Surfboard (instead of renting from Comcast). When I called to speak to the REP to have my new device protected, he couldn't be located, but a woman called me back and seemed to set up the protection for my pc.... but during the conversation and her trying to sell me an antivirus compatible with my PC protection plan...everything seemed fishy. She transferred me to another rep to have my echo dot reset who also tried to sell me a lifetime antivirus.

Have I been scammed?

:)

SuziGinter, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Microsoft PC Protection Plan

how do i remove microsoft family protection?

We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft Family Protection, we suggest that you disable the Family Safety feature using Command Prompt. To do so, Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key+ X, then click on Command Prompt (Admin). If ymanually
      ou are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, enter these commands:
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor" /Disable

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh" /Disable

3. Restart your PC.

If assistance is needed, further we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft PC Protection Plan

1. Microsoft PC Protection Plan - Similar Threads - Microsoft Protection Plan

2. Power plan and pc bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plan and pc bug: recently I tried to import a power plan but it did not display it and before on the apps which are on the screen there is a small check but it has disappeared what should I do?...
  3. Power plan and pc bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plan and pc bug: recently I tried to import a power plan but it did not display it and before on the apps which are on the screen there is a small check but it has disappeared what should I do?...
  4. pc protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pc protection: i cannot download mcafee protection have had it since 2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pc-protection/3d4c3596-4941-48cd-a582-66f138d4c68c
  5. Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan: On August 7, I called for my regular paid tuneup. I don't know what he did but the computer was even slower. I called again on August 8, the issue became worse the individual was unsure of what he was doing. I called again twice after with the long hold. Then finally...
  6. Does this plan have a plan that password protection for my email

Does this plan have a plan that password protection for my email: Hello I was wondering if this program come with encrypted emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-this-plan-have-a-plan-that-password/cfcd2983-f419-4aec-8f52-7fc59b4e8b92
  7. Windows Defender Protection Plan I did not request!

Windows Defender Protection Plan I did not request!: I received this email today from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** saying: Dear Customer, We Thank you on the Completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection Plan with 24/7 technical support We have charged you $150 for the 12 months of...
  8. Plan to upgrade PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Plan to upgrade PC: Hi Folks, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed in my PC and the specs are E5800 Intel Dual Core Procie 4GB ram Asrock board and plan to upgrade to A4 7300 AMD Procie 8GB ram Gigabyte board I know it's a long shot (or anyone else have same experience) but do I...
  9. I plan to sue Microsoft Corporation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I plan to sue Microsoft Corporation: If the only way to get attention from a human being at Microsoft Corporation is by filing a lawsuit in small claims court, that is exactly what I plan to do. It does not matter to me whether I win the lawsuit or not; I simply need to draw public attention to the fact that a...
  10. Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?: Hello, everyone. I have a question that Microsoft are planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC. Microsoft claims that Windows(10) is aimed for universial platform and connectivity. Such efforts already comes out in serveral features. Although this is right...