Windows 10: Microsoft Pen: My pen is not consistent during writing

Discus and support Microsoft Pen: My pen is not consistent during writing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there My pen become wiggly during writing, it is not consistent at all !. For example when I try to draw a straight line it become wiggly and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ahmedGodfather, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Microsoft Pen: My pen is not consistent during writing

Hi there

My pen become wiggly during writing, it is not consistent at all !. For example when I try to draw a straight line it become wiggly and not as drawn (see figure below). I tried to adjust it from setting, but this didn't work. I thought this might be from the pen tip and batteries so, I changed the tips and batteries,this didn't work as well. What is the problem ?

Microsoft Pen: My pen is not consistent during writing 31b58c6b-0069-47ed-b394-21423c201268?upload=true.png

:)

ahmedGodfather, Oct 6, 2019

2. PEN TOOLS NOT WORKING

Hi Deepender,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of the Pen tool and the computer?
    2. What happens when you try to write?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the device prior to this issue?
    4. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

If you’re using the Microsoft Surface Pen, you may refer the article
    Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen
    for the troubleshooting steps. The same troubleshooting steps can also be implemented for the other pens as well.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Surface pen not writing.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which model of Microsoft Surface you are using?
    • Is it not working only in writing mode?
    • You have also mentioned Windows 10 PC in your query? Are you facing issue on computer?
    Please refer the steps in the given Microsoft help article :

Troubleshoot Microsoft Surface Pen with two side buttons:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...oubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10#otherW10

Reboot the device and check the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Microsoft Pen: My pen is not consistent during writing

Bamboo Pen is connected but it won't write.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the pen, while using it on the laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the HP Elite book?
    • What is the model number of the Bamboo pen?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Update the Human Interface Device
    driver from device manager.

1. Press Windows + X, select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Human Interface Devices.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices one by one and click on Update Driver.
    4. Please restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Pen: My pen is not consistent during writing

1. Microsoft Pen: My pen is not consistent during writing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Pen pen

2. Microsoft Pen Protocol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Pen Protocol: I have an HP Elitebook 1040 x360 G9 comes with no pen, so I bought a HP pen mpp 2.0 but its not working on my laptop. so i start to download HP Pen Support but stil not working. it always comes with Sorry, it not supported on your device What should i do? Thank You...
  3. Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 which is now a few years old, and I bought a Bamboo Ink pen along with it when I bought it. I haven't had any serious problems with getting the pen to work until now. The pen will successfully pair with Bluetooth, and when I press the top button it...
  4. Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bamboo Ink pen will pair, but not write: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 which is now a few years old, and I bought a Bamboo Ink pen along with it when I bought it. I haven't had any serious problems with getting the pen to work until now. The pen will successfully pair with Bluetooth, and when I press the top button it...
  5. Pen Drive Write Protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pen Drive Write Protected: Hi everyone! I have a 4 GB Transcend pen drive which I formatted few days back. But I think that I made any mistake in formatting the pen drive I think I disturbed the file system column which made my pen drive Write Protected as shown in the attachment below. This had made...
  6. My pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pen: hello I cant find my windows pen I Tried going to settings looking for lost devices but under pen it doesn't show a link or anything does anybody have advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pen/11ac65f7-7e35-42dd-96d2-d4ffbb61009f
  7. Microsoft surface book pen buttons work but pen tip will not write

Microsoft surface book pen buttons work but pen tip will not write: I have a microsoft surface book 1st gen and the pen does not work. Buttons work fine but the tip will not write. Heres what I have tried: 1. Removing device from Bluetooth and then adding it back 2. changing the battery 3. I even bought a new pen thinking it may be the...
  8. Microsoft pen protocol

Microsoft pen protocol: Hi. I'd like to know whether previous n-trig enabled device such as Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 supports Microsoft Pen Protocol ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pen-protocol/96f85e78-ec57-4a9d-91c5-68859d124221
  9. Microsoft pen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft pen: why my microsoft pen only works in tablet mode? When I change it back to laptop, the pen lost connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pen/1e1c6db8-66ec-44dc-a8a5-148e00948a07
  10. How to write-protect USB pen?

How to write-protect USB pen?: Hi. I'd like to write protect my usb pen drive (Kingston DataTraveler 2.0) but it has got no hardware switch. Is there any way to w/protect it via Windows 10 software? Thank you! Joe 84174