Windows 10: Microsoft People App entries GONE

Discus and support Microsoft People App entries GONE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Operating System Windows 10 I was not pleased at all today when I open Microsoft People and found that all entries were gone!!! I have not synced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SJK_922, Aug 14, 2019.

1. SJK_922 Win User

Microsoft People App entries GONE

Operating System Windows 10

I was not pleased at all today when I open Microsoft People and found that all entries were gone!!!

I have not synced this App with any of my other devices or accounts, but instead had manually entered a few contacts (just testing the App to see how I like it)

So far I am less than impressed.

Where has the info I entered gone to?

:)

SJK_922, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

No entries in People App.

Hi Len,

There are several symptoms and causes of synchronization issues. It is possible that this is caused by corrupted cache files. To diagnose and fix this problem, we suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run
    the troubleshooter for Windows apps
    . This tool finds and fixes common problems with apps on your computer.

Method 2: Reset the People app. This will reinitialize and refresh the app and may fix synchronization issues.

• Click on Start.
    • Click on the gear icon to open Windows Settings.
    • Select System > Apps and features.
    • Look for People in the list and select it.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on the Reset button.

Method 3: Download any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft People App entries GONE :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Microsoft People App entries GONE

How to find People app in Windows 10.

Hi Long,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question related to the query:

• Are you not able to find People app on your PC?

Method 1:

Step 1:Check if People app tile is showing on the Start menu
    by pressing Start key on keyboard

Step 2: If it is not displayed, then I suggest you to check using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and type People.
    • Select the top most search result.

Step 3: You can also check in All settings from start menu by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and click on All settings option from the bottom left corner of the window.
    • Check if People app is listed under alphabet P.

Method 2: If you do not find it in PC, you can download
    People app
    from the Windows Store by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard and type Windows Store.
    • Select the top most search result.
    • Type People in the search and download the
      People
      app.

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft People App entries GONE

1. Microsoft People App entries GONE - Similar Threads - Microsoft App entries

2. People app doesn't synch Gmail entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People app doesn't synch Gmail entries: I just added an entry to the People app 10.2105.4.0 to be added to my Gmail account. It doesn't show there by logging directly to accounts.google.com through the web, even though I synch'ed the app with that account several times and it displays that it synch'ed.From my...
  3. People app doesn't synch Gmail entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app doesn't synch Gmail entries: I just added an entry to the People app 10.2105.4.0 to be added to my Gmail account. It doesn't show there by logging directly to accounts.google.com through the web, even though I synch'ed the app with that account several times and it displays that it synch'ed.From my...
  4. Microsoft People app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft People app: Been trying for days to retrieve my people app data. Have loaded new app but it didn't download old data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-people-app/e9c499a2-8b4e-4229-9577-5818eb787773
  5. people app and tile gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    people app and tile gone?: I just updated KB5001391 Cumulative Update Preview, and I noticed the People app has gone from start menu. Can anyone else confirm? People is still there within the Mail app.....but I don't want to have to open Mail to access People, I want it pinned as a tile. submitted by...
  6. Installing the Microsoft People app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing the Microsoft People app: My People app was broken, so I decided to reinstall it. I deleted the app through PowerShell, however I wasn't able to reinstall it. I've tried various methods, but none have worked yet. I'm pretty frustrated by now. Does anyone know ways to install the People app and bring...
  7. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  8. People App on Microsoft Lumia 550.

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App on Microsoft Lumia 550.: I have a Microsoft Lumia 550 Smartphone. When I enter the details of any of my contacts who have apart from a mobile number, a home or work landline number, only the mobile number shows up when I save all the details of that particular contact. Is there any setting I can use...
  9. CALENDAR ENTRIES GONE!!

CALENDAR ENTRIES GONE!!: I wonder if anybody from Microsoft will read this post and, if they do, will appreciate the consternation I am now going through because ALL my calendar entries deleted themselves??!! I have been using the calendar that is part of the Windows Mail app. Everything has been...
  10. Microsoft People app update

Microsoft People app update: Now available on store. I updated manually and it seemed to go in ok first time 42695