Windows 10: Microsoft People is not showing up on Start?

Discus and support Microsoft People is not showing up on Start? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I tried to reinstall Windows and also Reset Windows and when I update Microsoft People in Microsoft Store, People are not showing up on Start button?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TamTranOC, Feb 8, 2021.

1. TamTranOC Win User

Microsoft People is not showing up on Start?

I tried to reinstall Windows and also Reset Windows and when I update Microsoft People in Microsoft Store, People are not showing up on Start button? Is there a way to re-display Microsoft People? Thank you Microsoft for supporting this question!

:)

TamTranOC, Feb 8, 2021

2. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Toydotgam Win User
    People Bar is not showing up.

I have noticed that the options are greyed out, so i can't turn them on but throught the grey they are on. I think it has been locked on by admin since at the top it says "*Some settings are controlled by your administrator". I tried to turn it on and off
    still but is hasn't worked.

Toydotgam, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Timeline under PEOPLE shows nothing

It's possible that some system files for the People app needs to be re-registered. To do that, we suggest following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Command Prompt (Admin).

• Copy and paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *People*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage
      -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
      and press Enter.

• Once it's finished, close the Command Prompt and check if Timelines are available on the app.

Gice us an update on what happens after re-registering the People app.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft People is not showing up on Start? - Similar Threads - Microsoft showing Start

2. Microsoft People

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft People: Mmmm...My microsoft people is little bit different. The Start menu app list people it the old icon. But the opened window is latestI want to get rid of it. Did someone know how to fix it. I already tried to reinstall windowsBut it not fixing.Now it display download progress....
  3. Microsoft People

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft People: Mmmm...My microsoft people is little bit different. The Start menu app list people it the old icon. But the opened window is latestI want to get rid of it. Did someone know how to fix it. I already tried to reinstall windowsBut it not fixing.Now it display download progress....
  4. Microsoft People

Microsoft People: Due to a reason, I uninstalled Microsoft People using this script in Windows PowerShell Admin get-appxpackage *microsoft.people* remove-appxpackage Now when I installed Microsoft People using Microsoft Store, it's Start Menu Shortcut won't appear. These Pictures may guide...
  5. people icon not showing up in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    people icon not showing up in the start menu: The people icon is not showing up in the start menu. The people app is installed but the icon is not showing up in the start menu. How to get it to appear in the start menu?[ATTACH]...
  6. People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed: I deleted the people app using the poweshell. After reinstalling it from Windows Store the app is not showing in the start menu. How to bring this app in the start menu app list?...
  7. Microsoft People

Microsoft People: Hi I have what seem to be duplicates of a Contact in my Microsoft People. The duplicates do not appear on the alphabetic list of Contacts. There is no delete button to remove them when the master Contact record is deleted. I became aware of them with multiple listings of...
  8. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  9. Microsoft people

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft people: All my contacts have been lost in hotmail and so on my phone etc I have loaded the ms people app which has retrieved them successfully i do not know where from I now need to export c.200o contacts from ms people to hotmail etc Microsoft say there is no way to do this...
  10. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...