Windows 10: Microsoft phone call - Scam?

Discus and support Microsoft phone call - Scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. buy my son and laptop and someone from Microsoft today phone tell someone got is account and I got pay £ 200 to change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoshuaEdwards7, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft phone call - Scam?

Split from this thread.​

buy my son and laptop and someone from Microsoft today phone tell someone got is account and I got pay £ 200 to change is i p address account is the right do i pay it. IT ON A NEW LAPTOP HE HAD FOR CHRISTMAS . Can someone help please

:)

JoshuaEdwards7, Dec 28, 2020
  2. ste2425 Win User

Another phone call scam pretending to be Microsoft

A thread was posted on another forum I frequent about a phone call scam where they claim to be Microsoft and ask you install some things to repair the security breach they've detected.

Thought id post the number used here to make you guys n gals aware in case you get a phone call.

number is : 0203 286 9239
    Apparently the lad who started the thread Googled it and its a 'Cost Trap'.

Thread is here (I realise it's against the rules but due to its nature thought it might be helpful. Pm me if not and ill remove it.) :

Just had a phone call.......

So yea, Heads up.

Shame we don't have some form of list of all these numbers, I bet people on here get it quite often.

ste2425, Dec 28, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Phone scam

I now get no more weird foreign voices claiming to be from Microsoft's technical dept and many other such scams. We have been inundated with rubbish calls- before I added a call blocker device this reached 6 or 7 a day.

In the UK service providers have added a new free service that means callers are challenged to leave a short message, then press #. My phone then rings, and I have the option to add the caller to my approved list, accept this call but not add it, or simply not take the call.

I can manually add numbers to the blocked or approved list on line or using my phone.

The downside is any valid service (library reservations, some bank services) that rely on automated calls fail.

I have asked my service provider to consider adding a way to temporarily suspend the service.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Microsoft phone call - Scam?

Microsoft Phone Scam

Yes, this has been happening in australia very recently, started about 3 months ago. what they will try to do is get you to goto a website that will let them remote control your PC and do there buisness.

i have herd of them charging $300 to credit cards after telling the person on the phone that they have just fixed there PC from this massive virus that dosnt exist.

EDIT:
    i saved a phone call of a guy they called in australia who caught onto what they were doing and he recorded it. download this .mp3 if you would like to listen to it.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5nmmwcnjbc9bx65

Note, file is hosted on Mediafire under the name kak_spammer.mp3 and was scaned by MSE witch found nothing.

Edit2:
    some links to a few other theads reguarding the same topic... for those who like to know more,
    Main thread reguard the scam on Whirlpool
    Computer tech support (Microsoft etc.) phone call scam - On the web

microsoft Phone call scam - Windows - australian telecomunications forum 2nd thread.
    http://eschatonic.wordpress.com/2010/06/29/phone-fake-tech-support-scam/ - Random artical

slyfox2151, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft phone call - Scam?

1. Microsoft phone call - Scam? - Similar Threads - Microsoft phone call

2. Scam Microsoft phone call.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Scam Microsoft phone call.: Hi, I received a phone call from a pretty obvious scammer who said he worked for Microsoft and that my computer had been hacked and taken over by foreign hackers. I was sure he was a scammer, but was curious to find out what he wanted to do, so played him along for about 30...
  3. SCAM PHONE CALL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SCAM PHONE CALL: I received a call from a Private Number with an Indian accent. He said to me that he was from Microsoft Tech Support and that my computer has been sending them many warning and error messages. I was sketchy and asked him, is this a scam, and he kept saying no it isn't and...
  4. Phone Scam call

Phone Scam call: I received a call message from someone telling me that my computer had been compromised and the strange thing is that the caller id was my home phone number calling me on my home phone? Then just a few minutes ago it happened again. I answered the phone this time and was...
  5. Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?

Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  6. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  7. Scam phone calls

Scam phone calls: I've received several phone calls this morning using my home phone number to contact me saying that my Microsoft license and IP address will be shut off in 48 hour if I don't stay on the line and speak to someone from Microsoft. It was a robotic voice on the phone calling...
  8. scam phone calls

scam phone calls: I received a phone call yesterday from an Asian sounding man who gave an English name. He told me that he was from Microsoft and the had received messages on my computer about fraud etc. I stopped him there, told I knew it was a scam and he should get lost and hung up on...
  9. Is this a scam phone call?

Is this a scam phone call?: I am receiving phone call from my own cell number, They tell me they need to change my ip address because my computer has been compromised by other countries. is this a scam or should I respond?...
  10. scam phone call

scam phone call: I am receiving phone call from my own cell number, They tell me they need to change my ip address because my computer has been compromised by other countries. is this a scam or should I respond?...