Windows 10: Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing

Discus and support Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 11 and the latest iteration of Phone Link, the call controls are no longer working. I can initiate calls as expected from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexanderDeSousa, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing

Since updating to Windows 11 and the latest iteration of Phone Link, the call controls are no longer working. I can initiate calls as expected from the program, and they work through my computer's speakers/mic as expected, but the controls to end the call and the timer, etc are conspicuous in their absence, meaning I can't end calls from the program. Everything us updated to the latest versions, and I have tried all the steps in the troubleshooting guide and have not been successful. Interestingly enough, on my work computer also running the latest versions of everything including Windows

:)

AlexanderDeSousa, Jun 24, 2022
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 24, 2022
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing

1. Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Phone Link

2. Can't connect calls to Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect calls to Phone Link: I recently got my very first Samsung and was excited to try the Phone Link app. I am physically disabled and being able to use my phone on my computer makes it much more accessible. However, calls will not connect to the app. I get the little popup for calls, but it says...
  3. Can't connect calls to Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect calls to Phone Link: I recently got my very first Samsung and was excited to try the Phone Link app. I am physically disabled and being able to use my phone on my computer makes it much more accessible. However, calls will not connect to the app. I get the little popup for calls, but it says...
  4. Microsoft Phone Link App - no sound in phone calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Phone Link App - no sound in phone calls: Hi there, I have a problem with Microsoft Phone Link App - everything is well connected via both bluetooth and wifi, and I can initiate phone calls.However, the other side cannot here me and I cannot hear them.I'm trying to use my pc's headphones with microphone for the...
  5. Microsoft Phone Link App - no sound in phone calls

Microsoft Phone Link App - no sound in phone calls: Hi there, I have a problem with Microsoft Phone Link App - everything is well connected via both bluetooth and wifi, and I can initiate phone calls.However, the other side cannot here me and I cannot hear them.I'm trying to use my pc's headphones with microphone for the...
  6. Phone Link calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link calling: Can anyone offer suggestions about how I can improve my system to better utilize the calling feature of Phone Link. Calls cut in and out, people complain they can't hear me, and I have a lot of problems with automated attendents. I am using my Webcam microphone for input and...
  7. Phone Link calling

Phone Link calling: Can anyone offer suggestions about how I can improve my system to better utilize the calling feature of Phone Link. Calls cut in and out, people complain they can't hear me, and I have a lot of problems with automated attendents. I am using my Webcam microphone for input and...
  8. Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call: Is it possible to make a phone number on a Windows computer clickable and make Microsoft Phone Link to place a call to that number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-phone-link-click-to-call/996a0e46-cd10-42fa-83fa-58a1dcd287f4
  9. Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call

Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call: Is it possible to make a phone number on a Windows computer clickable and make Microsoft Phone Link to place a call to that number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-phone-link-click-to-call/996a0e46-cd10-42fa-83fa-58a1dcd287f4
  10. Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing

Microsoft Phone Link - Connects but Call Controls are Missing: Since updating to Windows 11 and the latest iteration of Phone Link, the call controls are no longer working. I can initiate calls as expected from the program, and they work through my computer's speakers/mic as expected, but the controls to end the call and the timer, etc...