Windows 10: Microsoft Phot viewer application default size

Discus and support Microsoft Phot viewer application default size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey I hope this is an easy question. I have an application that needed to be pointed towards a photo(jpg) viewer. I want to use my default system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mslacat2363, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Microsoft Phot viewer application default size

Hey I hope this is an easy question. I have an application that needed to be pointed towards a photo(jpg) viewer. I want to use my default system view Microsoft Photo Viewer. I was given this path to use and it works

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll, ImageView_Fullscreen %1

What I don't like is that it opens in fullscreen mode (as it is stated in the path) Normally when I open a jpg in Photo viewer it remember the last window size it was in the previous session and it opens new window size. I would be happy with that. I run a 32" screen and would prefer windows viewer in a normal/non-fullsceen window mode. Does anyone know how to change the path code above to open in a different size mode?

:)

mslacat2363, Oct 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 12, 2019
  3. NS_2017 Win User
    Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Microsoft Phot viewer application default size

irfanview default image viewer

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Photo viewer, let me suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    T.T.D. on this post and check if
    Irfanview is on the list.

You can also check on the settings if Irfanview is available.

• Press Windows key+ I
    • Click System
    • Select Default apps
    • Then click Photo viewer
    • You can also check on Choose default apps by the file type
    • Check if Irfanview is on the list

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Phot viewer application default size

1. Microsoft Phot viewer application default size - Similar Threads - Microsoft Phot viewer

2. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  3. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  4. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Phots App Errors

Microsoft Phots App Errors: When editing and saving photos in Microsoft.Photos.exe version 2020.20090.1002.0 the application totally shuts down frequently when trying to change an edited photo. Many times the edited photo is not saved. Help!...
  6. phoTs

in Windows 10 Customization
    phoTs: need to cancel all poths att once https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phots/a4c3be40-d053-476c-8979-222f43b5a317
  7. photo viewer default application not able to change

photo viewer default application not able to change: Hai, I have installed Paint.net some time ago. After that my default application change to that program. Whatever I had tried to change it back to the Photo Viewer, nothing is happening. After I go to System -> Default applications and change application for Photos, my...
  8. Microsoft Phot App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Phot App: My laptop displays the Microsoft App Photos as Microsoft Fotos and is in German language. I would like to have the English version displayed. How do I do this? The PC is set to "Australian English" in the time and language setting....
  9. Microsoft Phots

Microsoft Phots: I have Windows 10 and when I search this app it says it's installed, but it's not in the apps list, and I simply can't find it to open it. Am I being thick, or what?...
  10. Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows: How to: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view your digital photos in a variety of ways. You can...