Windows 10: Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried practically everything, reset the app, uninstall using Power Shell, reinstall from the W. Store... The app is still crashing. The most recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SylvainLatendresse1, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

I tried practically everything, reset the app, uninstall using Power Shell, reinstall from the W. Store... The app is still crashing. The most recent answers on the Forum are from 2017... anything more recent from 2022?

:)

SylvainLatendresse1, Jun 28, 2022
  2. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Jun 28, 2022
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

1. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo app

2. Microsoft photos app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photos app crashing: I was excited to read recently that Microsoft Photos is supposed to replicate some of Google Photos' functionality, like searching for specific things pictured in a library of photos butterfly, dog, statue of liberty. I've added a folder of about 100 photos to it...
  3. Microsoft photos app crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photos app crashing: I was excited to read recently that Microsoft Photos is supposed to replicate some of Google Photos' functionality, like searching for specific things pictured in a library of photos butterfly, dog, statue of liberty. I've added a folder of about 100 photos to it...
  4. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10: I tried practically everything, reset the app, uninstall using Power Shell, reinstall from the W. Store... The app is still crashing. The most recent answers on the Forum are from 2017... anything more recent from 2022?...
  5. microsoft new update for the photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft new update for the photo app: when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the...
  6. microsoft new update for the photo app

microsoft new update for the photo app: when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the...
  7. Microsoft Photos app crashes

Microsoft Photos app crashes: Hi, up until today (May 5, 2019), whenever I select the "File Information" option in the Microsoft Photos app, it would display the image information on the left hand side of the image. Now, when I select on the "File Information" option, the app crashes. (See screenshot...
  8. Microsoft Photo App crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Photo App crashing: I cannot open the Microsoft Photo App since it crashes instantly. Troubleshooting and resetting this app didn’t help/ Any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-crashing/ded2a77d-f109-4426-87f7-5f020cf3041f"
  9. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.: Hi, The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor. However, after this update, both the Microsoft Photos app as well as the new Video Editor app, both crash when starting up....
  10. Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10: Microsoft yesterday rolled out an update for Photos app on Windows 10, and it appears that new version is available for everyone. The update for Windows 10 Photos app brings no new features and improvements, but Microsoft has quietly added video editor shortcut to the Start...