Windows 10: Microsoft Photo app fails and won't open after latest upgrade to Windows 1803

Discus and support Microsoft Photo app fails and won't open after latest upgrade to Windows 1803 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, Microsoft photo app won't open anymore. It closes right away after about 2 sec and if I try to open a .jpg file an error pops up telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Master Burn, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Microsoft Photo app fails and won't open after latest upgrade to Windows 1803

Hello all,

Microsoft photo app won't open anymore. It closes right away after about 2 sec and if I try to open a .jpg file an error pops up telling me:

File System Error (-2147219196)
    I did about everything I could find in the net, chdsk, reset, uninstall and reinstall the app, open powershell and enter commands like:

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    or

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Nothing helps. All the other apps like calculator and groove music work fine, only photo app fails. Does anyone maybe have a solution to this or is this again one of the annoying troubles the upgrade to 1803 build 17134.165 is giving me?

I hope someone can sort it out...

Thanks in advance

Greetz, Master

:)

Master Burn, Jul 18, 2018

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 18, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Microsoft Photo app fails and won't open after latest upgrade to Windows 1803

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Photo app fails and won't open after latest upgrade to Windows 1803

1. Microsoft Photo app fails and won't open after latest upgrade to Windows 1803 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo app

2. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  3. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  4. Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos app won't open

Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos app won't open: Basically, anytime I try to open a photo, it says "The app didn't start" I've tried literally every option for troubleshooting reset, uninstall, sfc /scannow, etc.. and none of them have worked, Ik that i could try a fresh Windows install but I really don't wanna reinstall...
  5. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  6. My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.: Hello, My Microsoft Store won't open and my Microsoft Photos app won't open up on my laptop desktop. It sometimes tries to open but immediately shuts down. How can this be fixed? Thank you. Patty...
  7. Photos app won't open

Photos app won't open: My Photos app won't open. It was fine a couple of days ago. When I click on the picture icon on the start menu I can see my pictures, but I cannot open them. It won't open under another user profile either. I have tried repair, reset and I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  8. Microsoft Photo won't open

Microsoft Photo won't open: Microsoft Photo won't open. I reset it, repaired it, then uninstalled and reinstalled it. It just won't open. I am using. Windows 10 and the updates are updated. Any ideas?...
  9. Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open"

Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open": When trying to open Microsoft Photos, it fails to open and comes up with the message "This App Can't Open". I have tried the Windows Store troubleshooting option and have deleted and re-installed Photos with no change. Help!...
  10. Upgrade 1803 Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade 1803 Failed: The upgrade 1803 failed at 43% with the Stopcode "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG". I could not find any useful information at windows.com/stopcode. The message at Settings > Updates is "Last failed installed attempt..... 0xc1900101". AV is Windows Defender. Firewall is W10 at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo app wont launch

2. jpeg photso wont open after upgrading to 1809

3. microsoft photos wont start

4. photos windows 10 1803 the app didnt start,
  5. microsoft windows photo wont open on my computer,
  6. microsoft photos app will not open,
  7. file system error 2147219696,
  8. 2019.18114.17710.0,
  9. microsoft photo wont open photo,
  10. microsoft photos wont open,
  11. photos wont open windows,