Windows 10: Microsoft Photo App - How to I upload the pictures onto a hard drive?

Discus and support Microsoft Photo App - How to I upload the pictures onto a hard drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have about 4000 photos on the Microsoft Photos app, and recently discovered that I can't now download these photos from the app onto an external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EmmaDoornbos, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Microsoft Photo App - How to I upload the pictures onto a hard drive?

I have about 4000 photos on the Microsoft Photos app, and recently discovered that I can't now download these photos from the app onto an external hard drive. This is extremely annoying for me, as my computer is on its last legs and I would rather not loose those photos. I'm trying to upload them to One Drive, (although I only have about 5 GB of room I figured, I could just upload all that fit, and reupload them into a file folder, put it on the external hard drive, and repeat) but it keeps on getting stuck at 227 photos. I'm VERY FRUSTRATED as it was not really made clear to me that the photos app was not the same things as a pictures file, and its not easy to change. Literally everytime I want to upload a photo I have to download it onto one drive and reupload it on to my computer. Not fun, and very time consuming. What are my options?

:)

EmmaDoornbos, Mar 28, 2019

2. Can I Customize Microsoft's Photos App to Display Pictures Stored on My External Hard Drive?

I take a lot of pictures. Far more than I probably should. And high-quality 16 MP pictures at that. Mostly in JPEG, but often in RAW. So you get the picture. Because neither my laptop nor my OneDrive plan can store so many pictures, I use tons of memory
    on hard drives.

I love Microsoft's Photos app (though I miss some of the features that were lost between Windows 8 and Windows 10), and would greatly enjoy having my pictures from the hard drive displayed conveniently on this app. Is it possible to customize this app so
    that my pictures on a hard drive are displayed by the app when the hard drive is plugged into my laptop?

Attempting to customize the Photos app so as to achieve this result, I clicked on "Folders" (at the top left of the app's home screen), and then clicked the text that says "Not seeing all of your photos? Choose where to look." After adding the folders
    on my hard drive to the list of folders searched by the app, I restarted the app. When I reopened the app, I saw no change whatsoever as to what pictures were being displayed.

Though my inquiry is not really important, I would appreciate any instructions concerning how I might customize Microsoft's Photos app to display pictures stored on my external hard drive, should such an option be available. Thank you for your help.

Tracey Vanderford, Mar 28, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Photo upload

Usually a digital camera will show up as a Drive in File Explorer, open that drive one of the folders with pictures on it from the camera, sometimes on a MicroSD too. Basically it's not recognizing the camera at all in file explorer ? How is it being hooked up, USB ? Camera App in Windows 10, i never used it, in All apps in start screen. List the model Samsung you have.

jds63, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Microsoft Photo App - How to I upload the pictures onto a hard drive?

Photos v Pictures: Problem uploading to Photobox

If you look in Photo's settings you'll see this...

Microsoft Photo App - How to I upload the pictures onto a hard drive? [​IMG]

Your Pictures folder is where the images are actually stored on your PC's hard drive. Your Albums in Photos are an index that is just used internally by Photos to make it easy for you to access and organise your pictures. It bears no relation to the true physical location of the file on your disk. If you want to find out which disk folder an Album picture is actually in, then right-click on the picture in Photos and select Open in File Explorer.

Thema:

Microsoft Photo App - How to I upload the pictures onto a hard drive?

1. Microsoft Photo App - How to I upload the pictures onto a hard drive? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo App

2. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  3. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  4. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  6. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  7. Moving photos onto external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving photos onto external hard drive: Hello! I need help. I have a phone full of photos. I want to get them onto an external hard drive and I’m having a tough time. Any help would be appreciated. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7. The laptop is a Lenovo so Desktop/IBM. The external HD is a KESU with FAT-32. I...
  8. Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App

Uploading iPhone photos to Microsoft Windows Photos App: I have updated both my iTunes and the latest version of the Photos app, and I am still having an issue importing photos/videos from my phone. I "import from device" and "trust the computer" and the download begins. The screen shows that 14,000+ photos are found and then the...
  9. How to export photos from Photo App to pictures in my documents or upload to dropbox

How to export photos from Photo App to pictures in my documents or upload to dropbox: The only option for sharing photos in the photo app is on the OneDrive and I need to share my photo or upload them to dropbox for my work. Is there a way to move photos from my photos over to pictures in my documents so I can upload them to dropbox?...
  10. Upload photos onto a website

in Windows 10 Support
    Upload photos onto a website: How do I upload photos onto an ad on a website please. 15018

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photo app how to load pictures to an external harddrive

2. DO I HAVE MICROSOFT PHOTO APP ON MY COMPUTER?

3. when I download pictures from my camera to computer they go to Windows Picture App...how do I get them to my pictures on my compuyer?

4. microsoft photos takes ages to find pictures on external hard drive