Windows 10: Microsoft photo app is broken

Discus and support Microsoft photo app is broken in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I tried to edit my images and videos on microsoft photo app and the app crashes unexpectedly. seeking help... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SkintTag8926074, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Microsoft photo app is broken

I tried to edit my images and videos on microsoft photo app and the app crashes unexpectedly. seeking help

:)

SkintTag8926074, Jul 24, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 24, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 24, 2022
  4. Kol12 Win User

Microsoft photo app is broken

Microsoft Photos broken on local user account.

Thanks. I did fix it by removing the MS photos app with powershell. *Smile

How To Reinstall The Photos App In Windows 10

Kol12, Jul 24, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft photo app is broken

1. Microsoft photo app is broken - Similar Threads - Microsoft photo app

2. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  3. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  4. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft photo app is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo app is broken: I tried to edit my images and videos on microsoft photo app and the app crashes unexpectedly. seeking help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-is-broken/acbcad80-0093-4cac-a345-8c6287308e68
  6. Microsoft photo app is broken

Microsoft photo app is broken: I tried to edit my images and videos on microsoft photo app and the app crashes unexpectedly. seeking help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-is-broken/acbcad80-0093-4cac-a345-8c6287308e68
  7. In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken: Hello!So the description of the issue is simple as the title of thread: in Photos app I can't use the Add a folder option as it doesn't do anything when I try to click on it. Both from the main page and both from the Settings view it's useless... It was working properly...
  8. In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken

In Microsoft Photos app the "Add a folder" option is broken: Hello!So the description of the issue is simple as the title of thread: in Photos app I can't use the Add a folder option as it doesn't do anything when I try to click on it. Both from the main page and both from the Settings view it's useless... It was working properly...
  9. Photo apps broken

Photo apps broken: Photo app seems to get stuck trying to index anything and everything. I do not want i ti index anything., I want no lists, no compilations, no searches. I do not want it ti try and dig up information. from the further reaches of creation and send it to Microsoft or even to...
  10. Photos app broken after update.

Photos app broken after update.: The Microsoft Photos app updated itself on July 17, 2018. Now it will not open at all. When I try to open a photo, by clicking on the photo, a message box appears saying file system error (-2147219196). I have tried resetting and repairing the app from the app settings menu,...