Windows 10: Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE

Discus and support Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm an avid photographer and traveler, and would really like to use the Microsoft Photos App as my default photo management software platform. It has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CasualHockeyFan, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE

I'm an avid photographer and traveler, and would really like to use the Microsoft Photos App as my default photo management software platform. It has some great features, such as geo location, collections, albums, and most of all, facial recognition. However, I find there are a number of deficiencies that if fixed, would turn Photos into a killer app.The stability of the app needs to be improved. See numerous comments on this board and others about frequent crashes.Add a "Map" tab which shows the world map with colored or sized "dots" based on the photo count per dot. This would allow users to

:)

CasualHockeyFan, Jun 28, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE

1. Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo App

2. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  3. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  4. Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.: It looks like my Microsoft Photos app was updated today and it now no longer works properly. If I use photo auto-enhance and then try and adjust photo settings the photos start turning purple!! I've tried doing a repair and this has had no effect. Anyone got any idea what's...
  5. Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo app not working properly. Help needed.: It looks like my Microsoft Photos app was updated today and it now no longer works properly. If I use photo auto-enhance and then try and adjust photo settings the photos start turning purple!! I've tried doing a repair and this has had no effect. Anyone got any idea what's...
  6. microsoft photos app not updating to 2023.11080.4003.0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft photos app not updating to 2023.11080.4003.0.: on my desktop I have microsoft photos app 2023.11080.4003.0.It has a very useful "filmstrip" on the bottom of the screen.My laptop has the same version of windows 10. But attempts to update the Photos app end up with Photos version 2023.10070.17002.0Why would my desktop...
  7. microsoft photos app not updating to 2023.11080.4003.0.

microsoft photos app not updating to 2023.11080.4003.0.: on my desktop I have microsoft photos app 2023.11080.4003.0.It has a very useful "filmstrip" on the bottom of the screen.My laptop has the same version of windows 10. But attempts to update the Photos app end up with Photos version 2023.10070.17002.0Why would my desktop...
  8. Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE: I'm an avid photographer and traveler, and would really like to use the Microsoft Photos App as my default photo management software platform. It has some great features, such as geo location, collections, albums, and most of all, facial recognition. However, I find there are...
  9. microsoft new update for the photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft new update for the photo app: when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the...
  10. microsoft new update for the photo app

microsoft new update for the photo app: when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the...