Windows 10: Microsoft Photo App showing a different language

Discus and support Microsoft Photo App showing a different language in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a user who only has english selected on his machine. Its windows 10. The issue is that when he opens up the Microsoft Photos App, all the menus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aszure42, Nov 30, 2021.

1. aszure42 Win User

Microsoft Photo App showing a different language

I have a user who only has english selected on his machine. Its windows 10. The issue is that when he opens up the Microsoft Photos App, all the menus and text are in another language. Its only this application that has this behavior. All the other native windows apps are showing english. I have tried to reinstall the app, and the same behavior exists. I have also reset the application, and the same thing, no change. Any thoughts?

:)

aszure42, Nov 30, 2021

2. microsoft photos language

Hi Magda,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type settings in the search box.
    • Click on time and language.
    • Click on region and language.
    • Click on add a language.
    • Select the particular language and then make it as default by right clicking on the language and click on as default.

Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 30, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Microsoft Photo App showing a different language

Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photo App showing a different language

1. Microsoft Photo App showing a different language - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo App

2. Different language in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different language in app: HiI upgraded my PC to windows 10 yesterday, but I have an annoying problem. I set the default language and region in English and the Us, but when I installed two web browsers, they both has been installed in French!! I'm not fluent in French, so this is a problem for me, I...
  3. Different language in app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different language in app: HiI upgraded my PC to windows 10 yesterday, but I have an annoying problem. I set the default language and region in English and the Us, but when I installed two web browsers, they both has been installed in French!! I'm not fluent in French, so this is a problem for me, I...
  4. Photos app is wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is wrong language: I switched over from DesktopWindows 7 to Laptop Wind0ws 10 few months back and moved my file to laptop. On opening a jpg filethe tab and tool bar ribbon appears in Tamil Language instead of English. Screen shot of the file is attached. Please advise me how tochange the...
  5. Photos app is wrong language

Photos app is wrong language: I switched over from DesktopWindows 7 to Laptop Wind0ws 10 few months back and moved my file to laptop. On opening a jpg filethe tab and tool bar ribbon appears in Tamil Language instead of English. Screen shot of the file is attached. Please advise me how tochange the...
  6. Microsoft Photo App showing a different language

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo App showing a different language: I have a user who only has english selected on his machine. Its windows 10. The issue is that when he opens up the Microsoft Photos App, all the menus and text are in another language. Its only this application that has this behavior. All the other native windows apps are...
  7. Microsoft Photo App showing a different language

Microsoft Photo App showing a different language: I have a user who only has english selected on his machine. Its windows 10. The issue is that when he opens up the Microsoft Photos App, all the menus and text are in another language. Its only this application that has this behavior. All the other native windows apps are...
  8. Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps

Two different languages in different Microsoft Apps: Hi,I have some of my Microsoft apps, like OneDrive App, Mail and others shown in Finnish, despite my language setting being English.I have recently moved from Australia to Finland and started to learn the Finnish language. Not being remotely close to properly communicate...
  9. Mail app suddenly in different language

Mail app suddenly in different language: Since a couple of days (I think I noticed it on Thursday/Friday, did not used my laptop on Saturday and still there on Sunday and today) I noticed the Mail app is set to English where I used to have it in my native local language (Dutch). I have checked all the language...
  10. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change photo viewer language

2. why is my windows 11 microsoft photo in korean