Windows 10: Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

Discus and support Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My factory-installed Microsoft photo app stopped working. I uninstalled it and now can't reinstall the app. What can I do? I have used the Powershell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ninkynan, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Ninkynan Win User

Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

My factory-installed Microsoft photo app stopped working. I uninstalled it and now can't reinstall the app. What can I do? I have used the Powershell feature but it comes back as an error.

:)

Ninkynan, Nov 30, 2023

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 30, 2023
  3. photos app stopped working in Windows 10

Original title: microsoft photos

I am trying to open photos in Windows 10. The default app is Microsoft Photos. The app just stopped working this afternoon. When I try to open a picture it comes up with an error saying "The app didn't start". I have tried to delete and reinstall the
    app, but the uninstall options I have tried cannot find the app. I have searched to find the Photos application file on the computer and I cannot find it, but when I try to reinstall or update the app from the windows store it says the app is already installed.
    There is no way to reinstall it. The app icon is listed in the All Apps list, but when I click on the button there is a brief flash and I get bounced back to the desktop. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Failing that, is there a way to I reset the default photo viewer to Windows Photo Viewer? It is a pain to have to go through the right click - "Open With" process to pick a different program every time I have to open a photo.

MarkBrotherton60, Nov 30, 2023
  4. mrjcjones Win User

Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

Cannot reinstall Microsoft Photos App from Store

Microsoft Photos will not install.

Photos would not call Maps from a photo file information. I reset Photos using Advanced Settings. The Photos App now shows on the Programmes and Apps list Start menu, but is not in the Apps list in the Settings list Apps&Features so it will not run.

When I try to reinstall the Photos app from the Store I get the error message 0x80073D05.

I have tried all the usual repairs in Windows help to no avail.

Any suggestions please?

mrjcjones, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app. - Similar Threads - Microsoft photo app

2. Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.: My factory-installed Microsoft photo app stopped working. I uninstalled it and now can't reinstall the app. What can I do? I have used the Powershell feature but it comes back as an error....
  3. Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft photo app stopped working and I unistalled it now I cannot reinstall the app.: My factory-installed Microsoft photo app stopped working. I uninstalled it and now can't reinstall the app. What can I do? I have used the Powershell feature but it comes back as an error....
  4. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It: So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I clearly don't. I deleted it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it has happened to many other apps even...
  5. Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall: It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot open. Why did this happen all the sudden? I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10. Version 10.0.18363 Build...
  6. Microsoft Photos App not working

Microsoft Photos App not working: Hi. I have tried all the recommendations for fix the Photos app not working and it still crashes when I open it. I have uninstall and install it a few times, reset and repaired it and still no dice. Please help. Regards,...
  7. I cannot launch photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch photo app: “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-photo-app/c775dda6-a06d-4a6f-831c-f89bfcd26a34
  8. Cannot reinstall Microsoft Photos App from Store

Cannot reinstall Microsoft Photos App from Store: Microsoft Photos will not install. Photos would not call Maps from a photo file information. I reset Photos using Advanced Settings. The Photos App now shows on the Programmes and Apps list Start menu, but is not in the Apps list in the Settings list Apps&Features so it...
  9. Microsoft Photos App Not Working

Microsoft Photos App Not Working: HI I started receiving the jpg not working message and my photos app stopped working I have followed advice given on here , resetting initially then uninstalling and reinstalling via PowerShell admin The app is back on my Start list but when I click on it nothing happens...
  10. Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall

Microsoft Photos App not working & can't reinstall: My photos app was working fine then it suddenly refused to stay open. I tried using "repair" and "reset" but neither worked so I uninstalled it. Now I can not reinstall it. I get an error during the installation. I've reboot my computer. I signed out and back into the...