Windows 10: Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

Discus and support Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Holydead, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Holydead Win User

Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store, use the "sfc /scannow" command in the administrator CMD no errors were found and use the "get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* remove-appxpackage" command on the administrator PowerShell and install it again from Microsoft Store but didn't worked.No error appears, it just stays like this forever.I have version 2

:)

Holydead, Nov 17, 2021

2. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 17, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 17, 2021
  4. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

1. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo App

2. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  3. Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?: When I access the Photos app, I see my photos from my phone on there. But where are they saved exactly? Because they're not appearing in the Pictures folder......
  4. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Photo App will not open a picture: I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try to open another one, the app hangs. Need to know how to resolve....
  5. Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos app won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Microsoft Photos app won't open: Basically, anytime I try to open a photo, it says "The app didn't start" I've tried literally every option for troubleshooting reset, uninstall, sfc /scannow, etc.. and none of them have worked, Ik that i could try a fresh Windows install but I really don't wanna reinstall...
  6. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  7. My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.: Hello, My Microsoft Store won't open and my Microsoft Photos app won't open up on my laptop desktop. It sometimes tries to open but immediately shuts down. How can this be fixed? Thank you. Patty...
  8. Photos app won't open

Photos app won't open: My Photos app won't open. It was fine a couple of days ago. When I click on the picture icon on the start menu I can see my pictures, but I cannot open them. It won't open under another user profile either. I have tried repair, reset and I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  9. Microsoft Photo won't open

Microsoft Photo won't open: Microsoft Photo won't open. I reset it, repaired it, then uninstalled and reinstalled it. It just won't open. I am using. Windows 10 and the updates are updated. Any ideas?...
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...