Windows 10: Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears

Discus and support Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Clicking image from Quick access brings image up , but then it disappears.Please help me, this didn't used to happen but very recently whenever I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Joshua Yee-mon, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears

Clicking image from Quick access brings image up , but then it disappears.Please help me, this didn't used to happen but very recently whenever I click an image to view from quick access/recent files, the image will come up for a few brief seconds then it will disappear to black and say "there's nothing to show here".If I click the image again it will come up and maybe stay, but still most of the time clicking it from recent files the first time will cause it to disappear for some reason.I've tried reinstalling Microsoft app photos and resetting quick access but nothing works, P.s when it was

:)

Joshua Yee-mon, Jun 18, 2022

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jun 18, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears

1. Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears - Similar Threads - Microsoft photo bugged

2. Disappearing photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing photos: Aug 7/23: I was able to launch & save photos rec'd in Gmail or transferred from my iPhone until today; can't find them once scanned. Has Google or Microsoft changed something. Can anyone help?...
  3. Microsoft Photos bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos bug: When I crop an image with a length of 1314 any width in Microsoft Photos, I find that I cannot save the image without changing the length of the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-bug/967c04ba-c286-4c49-bbf4-f62bf5013d5a
  4. Microsoft Photos bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos bug: When I crop an image with a length of 1314 any width in Microsoft Photos, I find that I cannot save the image without changing the length of the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-bug/967c04ba-c286-4c49-bbf4-f62bf5013d5a
  5. Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photo bugged after update, photo disappears: Clicking image from Quick access brings image up , but then it disappears.Please help me, this didn't used to happen but very recently whenever I click an image to view from quick access/recent files, the image will come up for a few brief seconds then it will disappear to...
  6. MICROSOFT PHOTOS BUG/ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT PHOTOS BUG/ERROR: Every time I open the Microsoft Photos application and do "edit & crate", sometimes a force close occurs, this makes me very annoyed because I cut my video in the Microsoft Photos application, and also can't swipe right or left to see the next content, this also applies to...
  7. Microsoft photos possible bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft photos possible bug: Hi, as of recently, I've encountered what I believe to be a bug with Microsoft photos recently. Before, I was able to go fullscreen in the photo viewer and have full view of the picture, but lately the grey bars will not disappear, even when zooming in unfortunately the...
  8. Photos disappearing

Photos disappearing: So... I just opened my computer, and for some reason, an entire album of drawings have mysteriously vanished. I searched my entire computer: the recycle bin, the storage, my picture album, and I even restarted my laptop, and the pictures are still missing. WHat am I supposed...
  9. Photos Disappeared

Photos Disappeared: My photos have disappeared. I have a bunch of empty folders. I don't know if it was from an update or what. I've tried all I can think of, I've tried previous suggestions here and I can't find them. I cannot replace them - I don't care why anymore, I just want to know...
  10. Photos disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos disappearing: I had some issues with my laptop and lost some things. I restored but now when I click on an icon of a photo, it shows in that screen as before (the one with the black background). But after a few seconds it disappears. What do I need to get it back? 87716