Windows 10: Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's since the last Windows updates that Microsoft Photos is no longer working as it should. It often happens that if I open an image with this app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheAnth, Aug 14, 2020.

1. TheAnth Win User

Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore

It's since the last Windows updates that Microsoft Photos is no longer working as it should.

It often happens that if I open an image with this app, I get a white small screen. So the only solution is to close it down and reopen it again for a couple of times, until it works.

Another workaround that I found is to enter into the advanced options of Microsoft Photos in the Apps section e click on "Repair" and "Reset". But this is just a temporary solution and after a while the problem comes back.

Any idea about how to fix this annoying issue?

:)

TheAnth, Aug 14, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Aug 14, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Aug 14, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo doesn't

2. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  3. Photos app doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  4. Photos app doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  5. Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...: Hi all! Trying to open picture in Photos German:Fotos results in Error. Repairing failedResetting failedI am up to date with all Windows updates.Any advise?TIA, Jens...
  6. Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...

Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...: Hi all! Trying to open picture in Photos German:Fotos results in Error. Repairing failedResetting failedI am up to date with all Windows updates.Any advise?TIA, Jens...
  7. Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore

Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore: Hi everyone,I have a major issue all necessary Microsoft apps doesn't work anymore on my pc : Your phone, mail, todo list, Photo viewer, feedback hub, Microsoft storeWhen I try to open any of the previews apps, the window open and close quickly I have tried to fix it by...
  8. Microsoft photos doesn't work

Microsoft photos doesn't work: why microsoft photos isn"t working and in the store shows that there is a problem in it and asks me to reinstall it but this does not work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-doesnt-work/323f5021-b9cf-40cd-bb18-11f458f02745
  9. License doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License doesn't work anymore: My computer started to tell me my license was going to expire, and I didn't really look into it. Then the messages stopped coming up, and was replaced with a Activate Windows thing in the corner. Today, I wanted to play a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to...
  10. Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App: This feature used to work last winter. If I opened a photo in Photos and then selected File information and clicked on Open map under location it would open Maps and show where the photo was taken. Some time over the summer it stopped working (after an Windows 10 update)....